Author Topic: Surgery Question numb  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Jordan23

• Posting Member
I posted this here in the preparation section I guess since I haven't had the experience yet of a post surgery but am going to be going into surgery on the 26th of this month. I was speaking to the doctor today about the complications as most people have had concerns w/ this. Of course they're rare but they have to tell you the risks involved. One of the risks that sort of concerned me were the risks of blood clots. Has anyone ever heard of this? Doc told me to walk around the room for a while to make sure the blood circulates around my body. Also he stated that w/ nerves being in the area that some might be cut and there may be a risk of numbness if it occurs then it takes about 6months to a year to tell whether or not it goes away.

He also told me that within the first ten days from the surgery is when the clots and such could occur or polmenary embolisms. Anyone have any suggestions to reduce these risks or are they just something thats told to you just to let you know that this has happened before? I never heard of it happening and i'm 28 years old and athletic w/ great blood pressure if that has anything to do with it.

In reference to the hematomas which I've done some research on on the site. Should I just observe my chest when I take the vest off for quick showers and be concerned w/ the hardness and enlargements if they are to occur? Will hematomas be bad enough that if I don't get it taken care of within an hour I'll die? I'm just concerned that what if I have a hematoma or a clot of some sort that doesn't get noticed or get taken care of in time that something bad will happen to me. Should I be seeing the PS three times a week? Everyday for observations? What is suggested?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 06:43:34 PM by Jordan23 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024