Author Topic: BLOATED stomach post-surgery  (Read 6527 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I am 5 days post-op and my stomach is ( and has been since the op) very bloated and distended. Its normally flat with a subtle 6-pack.

Is this normal or common ?

I have a feeling this super-tight compression vest that is pushing down onto it , may also be contributing to this...

thoughts?
... and the saga continues

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
Unfortunately I see the same. I thought that it was compression vest too since it doesn't go over my stomach. I try to pull it down as much as I can.  8)

Offline rcbrown23

What medications are you on? If your taking any prescription pain killers, this could easily be the case. Take a daily vitamin and see what happens. It's probably a good idea anyway, they are chalked full of good stuff to get your immune system working at it's peak and that will help the recovery process.

If not...I'm not sure, sounds kinda strange, but I doubt it's anything to worry about. Could be the compression vest.

If it really worries you, maybe call the Docs office and see what they have to say.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Mine was like that also. It may just be, it looks that way since you chest is flatter. When you have a big chest, you can get away with a gut and not even notice it. As soon as you loose the boobs, you gut sticks out more.

It can also be painkillers. A side effect of them is constipation. I didnt crap till around 4 o 5 days post op and I was eating like a horse.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
Unfortunately I see the same. I thought that it was compression vest too since it doesn't go over my stomach. I try to pull it down as much as I can.  8)

same situation for me. I'm coming up on 2 weeks post-op and my stomach is starting to flatten again. I think it might just be from the anesthesia. I would wait another week tonysoprano you'll probably be in the same situation as myself.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024