Author Topic: a question about hormones  (Read 2752 times)

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
if after blood tests it comes back that gyno is because of imbalanced hormones(after puberty) does that mean that surgery for it would be pointless because it would just come back?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you have a hormone issue at the time of surgery, then your G could possibly come back...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If there is a hormonal problem, you would want to be under treatment for a while and have your hormone levels stabilize before having surgery.

Hormonal problems are not really all that common so I suspect there other things in your life more deserving of your concern.
Grandpa Dan

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
i am worried that hormones might be my problem. for example i have never really goten any body hair, apart from a bit on my legs and face. my chest has never really gotten any decent amount of hair.

if your hormones are imbalanced, how do they get it to sufficient levels and how long would it take? i wouldnt want to save up for surgery and then find out i will have to wait ages for my hormones to balance out

DrBermant

if after blood tests it comes back that gyno is because of imbalanced hormones(after puberty) does that mean that surgery for it would be pointless because it would just come back?

With the help of endocrinologists over the years, I have evolved a Red Flag system of Gynecomastia Symptoms.  This methodology was received well during my invited Gynecomastia lecture at the American Association Of Clinical Endocrinologists national meeting recently.

There are many possible Causes of Gynecomastia. When there is an underlying untreated problem, surgery will not prevent regrowth.

I prefer to sculpt a stable problem whenever possible before surgery.  That is how I am able to help my patients keeping risk of recurrence so low. If there is an unstable issue, endocrine treatment depends on the problem to be treated.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
bermant, thanks for the reply

i still dont get though what is done to help with hormone problems? what medication do you get? how long does it take to work? etc

DrBermant

bermant, thanks for the reply

i still dont get though what is done to help with hormone problems? what medication do you get? how long does it take to work? etc

I have seen many patients with different Causes for Gynecomastia. What is done depends on the problem to be treated. That is why I send my patients with Red Flags to have an evaluation by an experienced Endocrinologist. When a problem is discovered, they then treat that underlying condition stabilizing the gynecomastia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024