Author Topic: anyone have revision lipo only after first time was excision only? results  (Read 3293 times)

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
anyone have revision lipo only
after first time was excision only? results
pls share experience
did it fix chest?
i am facing same position now.  it will be helpful to me and others.
thank you

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have done a fair number of revisions.  Lipo only can occasionally be effective only if the original excision was sufficient.  And there is truly no way to know before the surgery is commenced.

Therefore, if you are going to your own surgeon or a new one, the surgeon should be prepared to do lipo and then excision if it is needed.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Dr. Jacobs,

Thank you for your reply.  Noted there is no real way of knowing till surgery has commenced.
But in your experience:
what percentage of gyne is gone from excission and what percentage of gyne is removed just from lipo?
Ideally a combonition.  But in my case excission only was done.  Not all gland was taken out.  Hence puffy nipples.  Now I am considering an affordable lipo only with a gyne surgeon.  Will this improve my results noticably?  Will there be significant difference in the appearence of my chest?

Thank you

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, but too many specific questions that cannot be addressed without an actual hands-on physical exam.

A couple of general statements.  Everyone's gyne is a combination of gland and fat -- but the ratio varies with every patient.  There is absolutely no way to know ahead of time, or by mere physical exam, how much of each is present.  Also, if you have already had surgery, then it must be assumed that there is an additional component to the residual tissue:  scar tissue, again in an unknown ratio to possible residual gland and fat.

If you indeed have residual puffy nipples after prior surgery, it may represent residual gland, or some growth of scar tissue, or both.  That is why revision surgery by an experienced gyne surgeon is so important.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024