Author Topic: overnight at hospital  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Tim_

• Posting Member
hi all,

i've got my surgery coming up in a week or so, by dr. Fielding at St. Joseph's. So far i've managed to successfully conceal this operation from family and friends, even work has been mum about the week i booked off for recovery, which is great. I work shifts on my own so i see my colleagues only for a few minutes each day. They might figure it out once the warm weather returns next year - but by then i won't care.

One thing i'm concerned about is getting home from the hospital. Ideally i'd like to stay over just to get rested up, because the trip home will be by cab and GO transit on my own. For any of you that had the surgery at St. Josephs and stayed over, did you make up some story about your ride not being able to get you due to some emergency or what? Did they buy it easily or did they second-guess you? Do they put you through the rigamarole just to stay one night? I'm pretty confident things will end up going smoothly - just have those pre-op jitters i guess.

Any replies appreciated - thanks guys for reading

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
You probably will have to let St.Joe's know that you plan on spending the night there.  Otherwise they will look to discharge you on the day of the operation.  If you do want to go home the same day, then you will have to find a friend to pick you up - they won't send you home otherwise.  

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
I'm not sure what their policy is, but when I had my surgery I told them that my mom- who was 'supposed' to be my ride- threw out her back and couldn't pick me up after the surgery. I did this just in case they'd try to pull some bulls**t like call my emergency number and try to get someone down there to get me. As for my family I told them I was staying the night at a friends house.
Two and a half months post surgery and the lie has held up pretty good so far, except these dumb @$$holes at St. Joseph have sent me a letter twice asking me to take a survey (if I didn't respond the first time, why would I want to the second?).
Good luck man.

Offline FB

• Silver Member
tell them you drove to the hospital, they will make sure you stay overnight.....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024