Author Topic: New job  (Read 799 times)

Offline 40Cofficeguy89

• Posting Member
So as far as exposure goes. I had a pretty good way of covering up that I wear a bra. However I got a new Job and the dress code is business professional and although I try to wear layers when I bend over of an at my desk the clasp or straps are pretty noticeable. I would opt to wear a jacket but it gets pretty warm in the office.. any advice? 
I will take a picture later and should how the straps and back clasps and outline if the bra are noticeable. 

Offline 40Cofficeguy89

• Posting Member
Here are the pictures I was able to take 

Offline Johndoe1

It's not that noticeable. Someone would need to be looking to see anything. My back band is about like that and no one has ever hinted at it. A light weight tank underneath your shirt would hide most if not all of what might be showing. That's what I do. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Yep. Tank or some camisoles would work. That’s what I do to hide my straps

Offline JKing

• Posting Member
There are other good options. This one hides under a lightweight t-shirt if the right colour. https://knix.ca/products/luxelift-pullover-bra-twilight-navy?Size=XXL

Online Sophie

• Silver Member
Goodmorning 40C-OG,

I understand how you feel. Being a 40C, a bra is necessary. You have every right to feel comfortable and supported and present with a more attractive shape. I dressed for the office for years wearing my bra underneath a button shirt or ladies blouse. I usually wore a camisole under my top. 

I'm a little bit more busty and couldn't do anything about disguising my front. For me, when I was still pretending to be a man, I made little to no effort (like most women) to hide what I was blessed with. 

You can do things that will help hide your bra outline like your band and fasteners as well as your straps and adjusters. However the little bumps on your back help give you the comfort, shape and support that you need to get through your day. I never had any issue or even a negative comment when I wore my bra as a man at work. I did however get empathy from the ladies that I worked with and even shared my story about how and why I started wearing a bra. 

Good luck and be proud of who you are and what you have been blessed with. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline blad

A slightly looser fitting pattern shirt will likely improve the stealth mode you want. I don't think my bra straps are easy to see at all.

It is the pat on the back that is more likely to give away your bra. A racer back can be less obvious to the touch.

Of course, you can't hide the bumps on the front.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline 40Cofficeguy89

• Posting Member
Thank you all for the advise, I’m just wanting to be cautious as there are some very closed minded individuals that I have to interact with. I will try a tank/camisole to help! But def will avoid any patting/hugs cause that will def be a dead giveaway. I’m wearing non underwire today so it def doesn’t show as much but I def lack some of the support that underwire gives 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Thank you all for the advise, I’m just wanting to be cautious as there are some very closed minded individuals that I have to interact with. I will try a tank/camisole to help! But def will avoid any patting/hugs cause that will def be a dead giveaway. I’m wearing non underwire today so it def doesn’t show as much but I def lack some of the support that underwire gives
I just ordered a balconette underwire bra from Torrid. I haven't received it yet, but the cups are designed quite different. 

It is supposed to create quite the cleavage, and I'm sure it does. The design does look like the 'projection' will be less as well. 

This line has 'back smoothing' technology to minimise 'showing' through your tops.  
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

BodyPos34B

I wear Warner Blissful Benefit bras they are incredibly soft cupped and a t shirt bra in style. They support well and lift subtly in their design. The adjusters are always on the front of the strap removing the bump otherwise seen on the shoulders and are wireless leaving the seam to still be seen if looking for the arc angle it gives but one would really need to be looking for it on a guy I’d believe to see it even if prominently present. People just aren’t looking for your everyday guy to be wearing a bra and I believe it goes dismissed entirely even if projecting or shaped in the chest that a bra can give. The polished look a bra gives also removes the poking out braless can cause that actually draws more attention. 

The pictures posted you can’t really tell at all you’re in a bra. The band can be seen some but again no one is looking to identify this as a bra if they see it and probably will just think of it was a back fat fold more than bra band indention. 

Angles and such are also a key factor I find in a bra being seen. Of course unless you’re a c or d cup or larger where no matter what it’s gonna be seen. But smaller busts bending over or pulling arms forward putting stress on the shirt and giving definition to the bra underneath can be kept in mind to avoid doing. And if unavoidable angling yourself in movements to keep the bands straps and adjusters less visibly to others can be kept in mind. 

I used to always scratch my chin or cheek or yawn and cover mouth when passing people to put my arm over my chest in a realistic reason. This became a habit and I noticed a time or few a co worker would look at my chest and I felt it was figured “he’s hiding something cause he always does this when I pass by” her putting her hand in my shoulder a few times when talking confirmed this concern as I felt it was an obvious let me see for myself thing. 

T shirt bras, wireless, pullovers and bralettes can be a man’s best friend when wearing a bra and needing it to be not seen as much as others. I work in same setting. Golf shirts and button ups and no one has said a thing so far. 34B myself. 

Offline blad

The work and friends / relatives environments are the hardest to overcome mentally. We can feel very exposed that everyone is realizing we are wearing a bra. It is easier to become comfortable in the general public setting first as we feel fewer people know us there and there there is much less individual focus on us.

With the right shirts, the visibility of our bra straps can be greatly minimized. But as our cup sizes increase there will be the recognition that we have boobs. Obvious boobs add to any subliminal hint of bra strap visibility to more rapidly make it obvious we are wearing a bra to others. 

In closer interactions with people the biggest give away of our bra is the hug or pat on the back. This is probably the biggest mental barrier to overcome if you do not want to admit to others that you wear a bra. Some types of racerback bras or bralettes minimize this and may feel more like an undershirt. These may be the best choices to wear in work or friend situations if we are feeling self conscious about bra exposure. They may not necessarily be our favorite bras to wear for comfort and support, but it may be a realistic compromise to have the benefits of a bra without the concern. 

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
The work and friends / relatives environments are the hardest to overcome mentally. We can feel very exposed that everyone is realizing we are wearing a bra. It is easier to become comfortable in the general public setting first as we feel fewer people know us there and there there is much less individual focus on us.

With the right shirts, the visibility of our bra straps can be greatly minimized. But as our cup sizes increase there will be the recognition that we have boobs. Obvious boobs add to any subliminal hint of bra strap visibility to more rapidly make it obvious we are wearing a bra to others.

In closer interactions with people the biggest give away of our bra is the hug or pat on the back. This is probably the biggest mental barrier to overcome if you do not want to admit to others that you wear a bra. Some types of racerback bras or bralettes minimize this and may feel more like an undershirt. These may be the best choices to wear in work or friend situations if we are feeling self conscious about bra exposure. They may not necessarily be our favorite bras to wear for comfort and support, but it may be a realistic compromise to have the benefits of a bra without the concern.
That is right Blad.  Every time I felt I was outed was from an initial pat on the back or hug.  If suspected came the chest tap with good to see ya.  Right I'm thinking...  Even after that I have not had awkward moments.

That said I do wear and select various bras for such encounters.  Why not avoid those moments if I know they will be uncomfortable.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024