Author Topic: intro of new user..now with pics  (Read 3632 times)

Offline statcity

• Posting Member
i am a 24 year old male from pennsylvania, and i have come here for support/help.  i have had an amount of chest fat since i was around 12-13, and its really effected my self esteem and social life.  im not really sure if its due to my obesity, or a disorder, or a little bit of both.  i havent been skinny since i was 9 but i would be fine with it if i didnt have so much of it in my chest.  ive recently decided to lose weight and ive been losing weight in almost everywhere except in that region.  

ive looked at some pictures online and some in the forum and i honestly think i have it but not sure, so i would just like some feedback before i talk to my doctor about it.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:53:58 AM by statcity »

Offline Pooz

• Silver Member
can't really help you out without seeing pictures

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I respectfully disagree.

A photo can sometimes be misleading. Because the person is usually taking the picture of himself the posture could either minimize or exaggerate the breasts.

For the most part, the condition is one of self diagnosis. There are obviously problems inherent in this, but it is the truth all the same.

Some men with seemingly little breast enlargement are greatly troubled while others with comparatively large breasts are not significantly bothered.

We are all individuals and blanket statements simply do not work here.

Welcome aboard, you are among friends here.
Grandpa Dan

Offline statcity

• Posting Member
pics are available, havent really gotten much feedback yet

Offline scrabble

• Bronze Member
I would say you have gyne, namely because gravity seems to have taken it's toll and the enlarged areola.

Offline statcity

• Posting Member
yeah i would to hear from more than one person.  i guess i can schedule an appt with my doctor

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
I can tell you right off the bat that you're likely going to need multiple procedures and it's going to involve skin reduction. Pendular gynecomastia requires a lot of work on the surgeon's end, so expect to spend a bit more.

It's difficult to ascertain exactly what you're asking, but I think you're asking if you have breast tissue as opposed to adipose tissue. It's probably a combination of both. Obesity increases estrogen in the body because of increased aromatase. That can sometimes cause small amounts of breast tissue to form.

Offline Pooz

• Silver Member
I can tell you right off the bat that you're likely going to need multiple procedures and it's going to involve skin reduction. Pendular gynecomastia requires a lot of work on the surgeon's end, so expect to spend a bit more.

It's difficult to ascertain exactly what you're asking, but I think you're asking if you have breast tissue as opposed to adipose tissue. It's probably a combination of both. Obesity increases estrogen in the body because of increased aromatase. That can sometimes cause small amounts of breast tissue to form.

Pretty much summed up what i think

Offline statcity

• Posting Member

thank you for your reply jojo.  based off of what you said, i think it would be best to continue to lose weight like i have been doing, and just schedule an appointment with the doctor and ask him about it

Offline statcity

• Posting Member

thank you for your reply jojo.   i basically was just asking for opinions on wether i have gyne or not.  i always thought that my chest fat was due to me being overweight, and now i kind of hope thats the only reason.  i guess the only way to know for sure is talk to my doctor about itm since the feedback ive been seing is that i do have gyne.

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member

thank you for your reply jojo.   i basically was just asking for opinions on wether i have gyne or not.  i always thought that my chest fat was due to me being overweight, and now i kind of hope thats the only reason.  i guess the only way to know for sure is talk to my doctor about itm since the feedback ive been seing is that i do have gyne.

Losing weight is always a good idea, but your problem is excess skin. That isn't going away with weight loss. Once breasts go pendular, they lose elasticity.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You definitely have gyne -- but it is impossible to say that the exact ratio is of fat versus gland.  Bottom line, though, is that it doesn't matter.  You are overweight and have pendulous breasts with stretched out skin.  No amount of additional weight loss will improve the breasts.

I have a number of patients similar to you -- some of their photos are on my gyne website photo gallery.  Each of them has required an operation which is similar to what we plastic surgeons do for massive weight loss patients.  That is, a mastectomy with reconstruction of the chest and nipples.  There are several methods available for this purpose -- you should meet with a plastic surgeon to discuss the various options.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024