Author Topic: My experience thus far..  (Read 10318 times)

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
look at it on the bright side he did remove the gland now you know whats left is just fat... so get rid of the fat take a picture of your chest and then put that pic next to the before pic.
Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

Offline cube

• Posting Member
look at it on the bright side he did remove the gland now you know whats left is just fat... so get rid of the fat take a picture of your chest and then put that pic next to the before pic.

Yeah it does feel as though he removed a significant amount of gland. I should have taken pics when I was 2-3 weeks post op because although the scarring was hideous my chest was perfectly flat and aligned to the pectoral muscle. It was middle of week 3 that it started to balloon, and it's now the biggest it's been so far. I really hope this is just alot of inflamation and swelling and that it will go down in the near future. Life a bitch keep you guys posted and I'll hold off on defaming the Doc for another 2 months to see if there is any change.

DrBermant

At this point my chest actually looks about the same or worse than it did before. The swelling and dense scar tissue seem to have increased and become more pronounced. It is exactly week 4 today, I was told it would only get worse before it gets better by the doctor. Has anyone had a similar experience, I'm wondering if there is any way to try and keep the swelling down? Anyway I'll post picks later this week so you can see the progress or lack thereof. Would be nice if Dr. Bermant made a comment regarding the post op healing process, as I would probably visit him later on if it continues to be a problem after the healing.

Healing After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, what techniques are used, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and many other factors.  For my patients

The best way to minimize swelling is by prevention and surgical skill. Typical Bruising and Swelling for my Gynecomastia Surgery can be seen in this photo gallery.  Peak swelling for my patients is normally the day of surgery.  That is one of the major contributions to my patients' Comfort after Gynecomastia Surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Surgery

First of all thank you for your reply Dr Bermant, this does answer most of my questions and unfortunately confirms my suspicions. As far as I can tell this is a botched operation and I'm curious as to what I should do next to atleast lessen the damage done. I thought I would be free of this problem and be able to move on with my life, but that doesnt seem to be the case. I am wondering if I should ask for specific details of the procedure such as amount of tissue removed, length of the operation, and a detailed break down of the procedure. Will this help in the future if I where to visit your office? Also are there any additional questions I should be asking the doctor? Thank you again Dr. Bermant.

You are welcome!

We are glad to help patients explore their concerns during a consultation or Preliminary Remote Discussion.  At the time of the consultation, copies of prior operative reports, doctor's office notes, and before surgery pictures can be of great value.

For my remote discussions, I have evolved Standard Revision Gynecomastia Pictures to better understand patients' issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline cube

• Posting Member
At this point my chest actually looks about the same or worse than it did before. The swelling and dense scar tissue seem to have increased and become more pronounced. It is exactly week 4 today, I was told it would only get worse before it gets better by the doctor. Has anyone had a similar experience, I'm wondering if there is any way to try and keep the swelling down? Anyway I'll post picks later this week so you can see the progress or lack thereof. Would be nice if Dr. Bermant made a comment regarding the post op healing process, as I would probably visit him later on if it continues to be a problem after the healing.

Healing After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, what techniques are used, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and many other factors.  For my patients

The best way to minimize swelling is by prevention and surgical skill. Typical Bruising and Swelling for my Gynecomastia Surgery can be seen in this photo gallery.  Peak swelling for my patients is normally the day of surgery.  That is one of the major contributions to my patients' Comfort after Gynecomastia Surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

First of all thank you for your reply Dr Bermant, this does answer most of my questions and unfortunately confirms my suspicions. As far as I can tell this is a botched operation and I'm curious as to what I should do next to atleast lessen the damage done. I thought I would be free of this problem and be able to move on with my life, but that doesnt seem to be the case. I am wondering if I should ask for specific details of the procedure such as amount of tissue removed, length of the operation, and a detailed break down of the procedure. Will this help in the future if I where to visit your office? Also are there any additional questions I should be asking the doctor? Thank you again Dr. Bermant.

You are welcome!

We are glad to help patients explore their concerns during a consultation or Preliminary Remote Discussion.  At the time of the consultation, copies of prior operative reports, doctor's office notes, and before surgery pictures can be of great value.

For my remote discussions, I have evolved Standard Revision Gynecomastia Pictures to better understand patients' issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thank you for your response againt Dr. Bermant, my only question now is how much longer should I wait to see any improvement before contacting your office to schedule a revision? It has been 4 months now and I'm no expert but I don't see much improvement. I am willing to do anything to be done with this problem so I can move on with my plans. Is it really necessary to wait a year?

DrBermant

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

You are welcome!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thank you for your response againt Dr. Bermant, my only question now is how much longer should I wait to see any improvement before contacting your office to schedule a revision? It has been 4 months now and I'm no expert but I don't see much improvement. I am willing to do anything to be done with this problem so I can move on with my plans. Is it really necessary to wait a year?

Time before revision can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, healing, scar care, after surgery care and many other factors.  Tissues typically need to heal and soften before considering repeat surgery.  This can take at least 6 months, but sometimes longer which we are glad to help patients explore during their evaluation in our office.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024