Author Topic: This is tough and the clock doesn't seem to move!  (Read 1881 times)

Offline st23

• Posting Member
I'm trying to be patient,but at this point I have no idea what I'm looking at when I take off the compression vest and observe my chest. How do I know what is swelling,what is chest muscle,and what is(or could be) fat tissue not removed during surgery. It does feel a tiny bit sore at times and a very subtle numb feeling in a couple of spots if that means anything.It is just terribly frustrating. I don't mind playing the waiting game if I know the end result will be decent. As of right now,I really have my doubts since I don't think it looks much different than pre-surgery. Anybody else feel this way at this point and then wind up having really good results?

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
I feel the same way mate and im 2 1/2 post op!!! If someone response with some info let me know please! My patience is running dry

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Absolutely. I am 3 weeks post op and feeling the same way. My chest does not look really any better than before. For the first two weeks I looked much worse than before. I do lift weights, have a large upper chest/shoulders, and I am trying to figure out where this healing is going, what the final look will be, will I see pecs, or will I be flat, or will I have some tissue left, or will that crease stay......no way to tell right now. Got hard parts, still got some notable side moob (which I hate).

I have talked to my doc, the docs here on the board, and read many posts of guys dealing with the same issues post op.  Bottom line - another plastic surgeon would not be able to tell (if you went for second opinion) how well your surgery went till you hit a few months of healing.  So forget about YOU trying to figure it out how it went, or what the results are - for months.

Sucks waiting doesn't it?

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
I wish they would explain the healing process alittle better pre op,I guess they only care about booking the surgery.

Offline jazzer

• Posting Member
I had a bilateral mastectomy and nipple graft one week ago. I have to wear a tensor bandage, but only for another week. The doc never mentioned anything about a compression vest. Is it common to have to wear this vest? Just curious.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would bet your surgeon would love to explain the healing process so you would know exactly what to expect and in what time frame. If only it were that simple.

The problem is that some people heal quickly while others heal slowly. most people will have a small pink scar that will fade out and be difficult to see with time; Others have raised scars that may be pigmented (that can be a bummer). Some guys look great in just a few days; some guys have post op swelling that lasts a long time. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Be patient. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024