Author Topic: parents  (Read 6749 times)

Offline khiladi256

• Posting Member
i am 23 and i have gyno since i was 10. now i want to go through surgery . but i told my parents but they dont want to understand . i am from india and indians are very conservative. i am sick of that conservatism . please can someone tell me how to convince my parents.

hammer

I'm sorry that you have to face this problem! We hear this many times on the forum and as a father and grandfather I feel for you!

The ideas that we have you may have tried, but have them talk to a doctor that is familiar with gynecomastia, or have you showed them your chest and explained to them how you fell? Show them online sites that explain what it is and how it effects young men.

These are the basic, how you can get them to understand.

Bob

Offline khiladi256

• Posting Member
I have shown them my chest they say it is normal. They dont want to go to doctor . I think they are ashamed of me.

hammer

I have shown them my chest they say it is normal. They dont want to go to doctor . I think they are ashamed of me.

Why are they ashamed? If it is because of your chest then they should be more then happy to look into ways to fix the problem.

Are they spiritual? If so maybe you could get help throu their spiritual leader.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I hate to ne the nearer of nad news, but your parents are totally correct; You are normal.

Gynecomastia is more common than being blue eyed and blond. Anything that common has to be considered normal.

If you find the condition offensive, Then you'll simply have to start saving your coins until you have enough to get surgery on your own.

The condition is an embarrassment and it can be a real pest, but neither of those things make it abnormal.
Grandpa Dan

Offline jacky

• Posting Member
hi
i am from Mumbai, India
i can understand how must it is difficult to make them understand

but if they dont we need a practical solution and lets come to that
you are 23 so may be earning if not start to ,save money

Q how much?
if u r in mumbai good and economical surgeon + others surgery costs will be around 60,000Rs
everything included.
i have done my operation on 1st jan 2014,results r great, i just love myself...

its ur life dont let anyone rule it....
for any assistance write me,, i'll help u out

Offline johndean

• Posting Member
My parents don't agree with my decision of having gastric sleeve in Turkey and I really need it. what should I do?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
When you are an adult and self supporting, you can make the decision for yourself and not be concerned about what your parents think. 
Ultimately we all do what we think is in our own best interest. Sometimes that works out well and sometimes our parents were wiser than we gave them credit for.  Most of the bad things that have happened to me in my life were caused by my own ill advised decisions.  At the same time, most of the really good things that happened to me as an adult were also the result of my own decisions.  All of this is part of being a responsible adult.  Do your own research and seek the advise of competent professionals then take responsibility for yourself.
Remember that your parents came of age when surgery was not nearly so good and safe as it is today. Many times their opinions are based on experiences in the past; sometimes the distant past.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024