Author Topic: 1 year 8 months post op scar tissue  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Zenxer

• Bronze Member
  • Mm.. Donuts
I had my gynecomastia surgery in October 2014.
3 months later I saw him for the post op visit and for him to check it out. The left side looks perfect. Although I had some scar tissue form under the scar on my right side along the areola. I went to my doctor(Dr Craig Fielding) and had a shot to reduce it, which worked, and i would say it reduced the scar tissue by about 50%.

I went to Dr Fielding again and he said the remaining scar tissue was too small for another shot and that if he did give me another shot it could potentially make my chest indent and have a crater. So he didn't do it.
I let it be for about a year and 4 months.

I'm mostly happy about the results from the surgery although the last bit of scar tissue is bothering me. It makes my right nip look puffy(compared to the perfect looking left side). And by the scar tissue making my nip look more puffy than the other side, it also effects how tight the skin is on my right pec. For example, while wearing a tshirt, my left pec looks awesome cause the nippie is flat and it shows the outline of my pec muscle. On the right side, because of the little scar tissue, the tshirt touches my nip first and doesnt show the outline of the side of my pec as much. I want this scar tissue lowered so both sides of my pec muscle are visible while wearin a tshirt.

I've read online about massaging and i've been doing that for about a month now without much a difference. It might be a bit softer but I also feel like that could just be in my head.  

I don't even know why I'm really making this topic, I guess I'm hoping someone can say "ive had scar tissue and made it go away by massaging". I've looked so much on the internet about massaging gyno scar tissue and can't find a straight answer whether it actually works or not. Everyone just talks about the shots, but i can't have another one of those.

So my question is, "does massaging scar tissue 1 yr 8 months post op actually do anything? I'm sure it will soften but will it reabsorb into my body and tighten the skin around my pec/areola?
I'm 6 ft tall, 182lbs, pretty lean but could be leaner.

Please reply people
My surgery was done on Oct 20th, 2014 by Dr. J. Craig Fielding in Toronto, Ontario.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024