Author Topic: To shave or not?  (Read 2085 times)

Gino

Not long ago I started to REALLY look at my development and had to chuckle... the image in the mirror (to me) looked odd, on the order of a bearded lady in the circus... almost comical. So, I started shaving a while back and then decided it was time for IPL and in the months since starting that regimen my appearance is no longer comical looking. As a matter of fact since I always have preferred unlined / sheer garments (T shirts and later on bras) I can actually feel my clothing against my skin. 

I can't remember actually feeling my clothes on my skin when I got dressed, it feels nice. 

Anyway, the IPL has slowly removed most of my chest hair and what remains is thinner, lighter and easily shaved with a razor. 

So, to shave or not? For me it's a no brainer, lose the hair. 

Online Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Easy choice for me...never had any to beginners with🤣

Normal boobs1

Bra or not, a shaved body makes wearing clothes in general far more comfortable. Wished I had done it decades before. A bra made it almost unavoidable.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 12:45:30 PM by Normal boobs1 »

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
What's IPL ?

Online Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Intense pulsed light therapy 

Offline taxmapper

Shave.   Just feels better overall

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
hello taxmapper I want to comment on the shaving and IPL.
 iused to shave my chest but it was never a lot. as i am getting alot older than maybe some of you< 75 I have been losing hair on its own as far as IPLit is  alaser treatment that if done as directed will lead to permanent loss of hair in the areas that are done.
 i myself have not tried it yet but i too have one that i plan on using on other places, legs and maybe beard. getting tiird of shaving but i want to try legs first

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
For me in France, "hair remover creme, Veet body special".

Gino

IPL works quite well "IF" you use it regularly and as directed. I experimented to prove its efficacy to myself by NOT treating two areas, and the treated areas have been nearly denuded of hair. Three +/- months in using the IPL, after more than a week of not shaving and comparing the two non-treated vs the treated areas, the treated area is visibly smooth while the untreated area has hair growth as usual. 

My iPL corded device bought on Ebay was inexpensive at ~$90 (now over $250 likely due to COVID :) _ ) and I read that the "better" brands have upwards of 300,000 (some unlimited) flashes in their flash bank, while the less expensive had significantly less. As far as the really expensive models go, I only own one IPL and since mine was relatively inexpensive and it works I have to say that I'd go for any model with a high number of flashes in its bank under $100 WITH a replaceable flash module. I've used mine quite a bit and still have over 250,000 flashes in my bank.

Aside from that, from what I have read a big difference in the cost is the recovery time between flashes. Some can flash continuously reducing treatment time significantly, while others like mine have a 2-3 second "recharge" time necessary between flashes. Treatment time can be quite long if you're trying to remove chest, arm AND leg hair so that's something to consider in buying one. I'm only working my chest / neck areas so it's not a huge expense of my time.

Beside duration there "may" be a difference in minimum to maximum light intensity between the less expensive to the most. If some ARE more powerful, I'd likely use the lower powered settings as too much intensity can be quite uncomfortable. I use mine at what would be the 80% setting and it's just under my threshold of pain vs. comfort and it is effective. Also the actual area the flash covers "may" be larger on more expensive models.

The one "gotcha" is the method the IPL uses to "sense" when it's actually in contact with the skin. I mean it wouldn't do to be flashing it while waving it around burning the retinas of folks nearby (or themselves) would it? Don't laugh, we live in a time where stupidity is rampant and society goes through great lengths to protect users and others from the stupidity of the perpetually stupid. 

At any rate, mine has a thin "contact" pad and a mirror system that presumably performs the function of assuring skin contact before it will discharge. These areas (at least on mine) need regular wiping of skin oils and dead / burned skin flakes to keep it firing.

Two last things... I've tried cleansing the skin with witch hazel before treatment and it seems as if the discomfort is greater on the cleansed skin. Whether this is more or less effective at reducing / killing the hair root is not known but I alternate treatments using both methods. In either case I always wipe the treated area with witch hazel afterward. Also there are a few cordless models out there but this type of device generates an intense pulse of light and I may be wrong but I can't see how a cordless model can generate sufficient power for the average treatment time.

I have not read of these issues and I hope they answer any questions y'all may have.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 09:48:22 AM by Gino »

Gino

PS, IPL is NOT laser and it takes a while for results to be seen. Like growing boobs, it doesn't happen overnight. Also I forgot to mention that with my device whatever method they're using to detect skin contact I can say that it does not work on dark areas like the areola... :-( If your areolas are hairy they may have to be plucked... OUCH! Either that or, another option would be a laser treatment by a professional, still maybe an ouch but more permanent than plucking.    

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I ought the one by Nood. havent used it yet
 as far as nipple hair I plucked mine didnt have too many

Offline carfreak

• Posting Member
I shave chest, arm pits, waist and legs, Use a 3 blade razor blade and most of time use baby oil. Looking at a cordless epilator  on ebay for $15.98

Brdy64

Bra or not, a shaved body makes wearing clothes in general far more comfortable. Wished I had done it decades before. A bra made it almost unavoidable.
Yeah, the chest hair cleavage is more than just weird looking. It is especially bad when you get a heat rash between the girls 😳
I haven't been able to bring myself to shaving them, but I can understand why. 🤔
I did lose the full beard. I don't know why buy a full beard and butt crack cleavage was just too comical to look at. 

Brdy64

Shave.  Just feels better overall
I only have facial hair and just one small thin patch in my cleavage. 
I have no hair on my legs or armpits. Very thin light hair on my arms. 
I never really had body hair, and not even facial hair until almost 30. 
Other than my face I really don't have anything to shave. 🤔

Offline taxmapper

I started shaving everything back in the early 90's. 

My legs can get hairy and obviously the pits and the groin. 
But the hair has always been somewhat thin. Some has darkened up a bit, but its also slowed down for me. 

I hate body hair n general and have kept myself clean shaven for another reason as well. 
I am highly prone to ingrown hairs and clogged hair follicles causing at times painful acne. So I stay clean shaven for aesthetic as well as hygiene purposes. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024