Author Topic: I'm a tad worried..  (Read 4202 times)

Offline kehoe_m

I've been checking a lot of post-op photos on many surgeons sites, mostly a year after the surgery is done, and a lot of the results look unsettling. In numerous photos their nipples look a little lopsided. Is this common? I mean, I have an appointment for a consultation with one of the best surgeons, specializing in gyne, in the state of New York, and I've checked some of the results on his site as well. A lot of them are great! But others? Others make me fear that my chest will look like one of my nipples is inches higher than the other. So, I repeat, is this common?

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
You must, must have realistic expectations.  If a slight imperfection is not worth the risk, you should keep your "perfect" chest the way it is. That being said, yes there is some bad surgery out there.  These doctors are not gods, the patients aren't all "perfect" candidates and nobody can predict your outcome until your outcome predicts itself.  If your best doctor in NY is posting pictures of not so great results, he is probably very smart in showing his patients what real outcomes look like (both good and bad).  He should be commended.

Finally, about 10 years ago I had a consult from a nice indian doctor in the bay area.  He was a wonderful man who advertised performing over 10,000 surgeries.  When I looked at his before and after surgeries, of gyne patients, I was shocked.  His patients had become victims.  Almost all the results looked terrible.  I left never to return.  Bottom line, before and afters tell you a lot about who to avoid and who to gravitate to, but be realistic. 

To answer your question, surgery is unpredictable to some degree.  It's a team effort.  Pick the best Dr. Be the best patient.  And with realistic expectations, you'll likely find comfort in the mirror.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The first thing that you need to recognixe is that our bodies are not perfectly symetrical.

You may notice on your pants that the cuff of one leg wears more than than the other. This is because one leg is ever so slightly longer than the other. Have you ever noticed that one shoe fits tighter than the other? It is not unusual for one foot to be almost a half size larger than the other.

Take a photograph of someone you think is attractive. A straight on frontal view is needed.  Study the photograph carefully. Draw lines across the photo through the irises of each eye, across the tops of both ears, across the bottoms of both ears. through the mouth, etc. Are the lines all parallel? No. Now locate the center between the brows, the eyes, the tip of the nose, the center of the lips and the center of the chin. My bet is that you cannot draw a straight line through all of these features.

We see these things all the time, but we do not notice them. We accept these variances simply as ways to distinguish one face from another.

I knew a man many years ago who had an almost perfectly symetrical face; he was one of the homliest people I have ever known.

Perfect symetry is actually not normal. Be careful what you wish for.
Grandpa Dan

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
i once trimmed my sideburns uneven.. nobody noticed except for me!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My areolas/nipples are not perfectly even. The LHS is slightly higher than the RHS. I also have a slight concavity on my LHS from surgery. However, the gyne is gone and that's all that matters!   ;)

We are all different dude. As Grandpa Dan mentioned, it's quite common to have one leg, foot, arm, what-have-you, that is a tad longer than the other. We are not perfect! That's what gives us our uniqueness my friend!

If your areolas/nipples are relatively even now, then you could expect them to be relatively even post-op.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline kehoe_m

I'm just over worrying is all. My consultation coming up very, very soon, so I just fear that once I'm fully healed, and become intimate, that the person I'm with will notice. I don't have a terribly bad case of gyne, so my expectations are pretty up there.. I just want my chest to be normal.  :-\

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Chill my man! Nobody will know that you've had surgery. Trust me...  ;)

GB

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think you can relax. The girls worth having are usually much more concerned with what is going on between your ears than with what is on your chest. The content of the package is more important than the wrapper.

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
I think you can relax. The girls worth having are usually much more concerned with what is going on between your ears than with what is on your chest. The content of the package is more important than the wrapper.

That's a good saying.  And definitely not a reflection of America's fucked up mass-media influenced celebrity obsessed image driven culture. 

As if growing up isn't hard enough already, ya know? 

P.S. - I apologize to the OP for the irrelevance.
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Grandpa Bambu

That's a good saying.  And definitely not a reflection of America's fucked up mass-media influenced celebrity obsessed image driven culture. As if growing up isn't hard enough already, ya know?

Agree 100% with you dude...

GB

Offline biggieboobs

• Posting Member
id rather take the chance of having my nipples look a little lopsided than have breasts like a chick anyday dogs! get the surgery and dont worry about it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024