Author Topic: famous people with this curse...  (Read 4994 times)

Offline bogieman

• Posting Member
anyone ever notice "christoper" of the sopranos? seems as though he has it-
james lights out toney- the almost heavy weight champeon of the world seems to have it
observations?

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Vic Mackey in 'The shield' has it (don't know name of actor).He's in good shape though so doesn't look too bad.

Roger Moore had it in a James Bond film I saw a while back.

Can't see the new bond having gyno.  He's so vain he has his chest waxed ;D

Michael Portillo (former UK politician, still on TV bit of a celeb now)

Funnily enough Tony Blair seems to have a bit of gyno saw a pic of him last summer. Thats what running Britain does to you.

My m8 (famous powerlifter in my area anyways) shouldn't say his name he'd kill me ;D

Can't think of anyone else.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 03:09:01 PM by Worrier »

Offline Sir_Puffs-a-lot

• Bronze Member
Mr. Samuel L. Jackson's got it..."TELL THAT B1TCH TO BE COOL!"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 04:32:28 PM by Sir_Puffs-a-lot »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The important point being that for at least some men, it is not a curse. For some, it is not a big deal at all. This does not make them any better than anyone else, it simply illustrates that we are all different.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 07:01:43 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Agreed paw_paw.

I never regarded my condition as a curse.  I'm not about to go into the reasons why mine bothered me etc... that's been caned in other threads.  Just about everyone I know has something about them they'd like to change or don't like.  I guess gynaecomastia is one of those 'conditions' that gets more untoward attention because it is often perceived as a 'boy with t1ts' thing which is easy to ridicule.  

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'm all for good attitude and never letting people get you down and not letting it ruin your life.  but it's still a curse  ;D
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
i'm all for good attitude and never letting people get you down and not letting it ruin your life.  but it's still a curse  ;D

I understand your point headheldhigh.  Positive attitude or not, some guys, famous or not don't even realise they have gynaecomastia and as such, cannot appreciate it as a curse.  Are they still cursed?  Some guys are not miffed by their gynaecomastia, rather they are cheesed off that it bothers other guys that have it. My dad is a good example, who has a worse case than me but thinks I am mental! So I guess it's perceived as a curse for some, but certainly not by all and as such, to label it a curse, in my opinion reinforces a negative that just is not true.

In my experience, if it is to be deemed a curse, it's because it's put in place by other people, not the condition itself.  I have seen far too many well-built guys on here in a panic because some unhelpful person said that had 'man-t1ts'.  What the ignorant person actually meant was they had large (masculine shaped) pectoral muscles.  Other guys with mild gynaecomastia had never realised an issue until someone makes a nasty remark - hey presto, the curse is now in place, from nowhere and for the first time in this guys life he feels marginalised.  Next thing they are under the surgeons knife before you can say 'boob job'.  That is sad, very sad.

In serious danger of banging the PC drum, I'd rather see a title "Famous people with gynaecomastia"  a much more factual way of putting it rather than "Famous people cursed with this wicked disease that leaves you doomed to social exclusion and a whole life time of misery...mwah..ha..ha..."  OK, I have polarised the two alternative titles, but I think it illustrates my point.  I have [had] gynaecomastia.  I didn't feel cursed by it and I don't see that I would be in a different place if I never had it.  But I do appreciate that is only my perception of it and it's all relative.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I agree with everything you said Phantom.

Funny thing is , before I got 'gyno' through the meds and was constantly at the gym and VERY fit some girl made a comment to me that I was so 'big' I had boobs....

I was so concerned I told my  friend who said there was no way on this planet I had boobs, she even told her friends who said the same thing. I then totally forgot about it. What if I hadn't had a friend like that or I hadn't believed her? Would I have gone under the knife?

Ironic I developed real gyno three years later.....

Offline brownman

• Gold Member

Offline bogieman

• Posting Member
sure was a curse to me- i could go on and on-
my social phobias started when this started
i got over the phobias to an extent but not fully

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024