Author Topic: How effective are pushups?  (Read 10162 times)

Offline gynehater85

• Posting Member
Ok, just want to know if theres anybody out there thats started a healthy pushup routine and has saw any results? I have a mix of gland and fat, obviously its not gonna do anything to reduce gland, but would pushups tone rather than build ur pecs to make ur chest look flatter? Thanks

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
Pushups will not do anything for the actual gyne, but, depending on your circumstances, it my make it look a little better.. or worse..  by gaining muscle in your upper chest, you may be able to get a more squared off appearance, that is to say that the top of your chest will protrude past your gyne (puffy nips etc).  It will be hard to distinguish when you are wearing a t shirt, b/c "boobs" dont start as high as the pecs so most people would probably just assume you have huge pecks.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I had tried doing tons of pushups.  I had massive pecs, but it did push out the gland a bit.  It's kind of a gamble.

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
I have puffy nipples myself, and over the past 2 years I've gained about 40 lbs.  I swear to god its 30 in my moobs :).  But, when I was lighter, with decent size muscles, the nipple was higher and not i guess drooping, and with a big upper chest it made it invisible in most shirts.  That is to say they were still protruding, but the way shirts would drape it looked more like a natural male chest.  It certainly is a gamble, but by all means if you are considering surgery, and are trying to loose weight make sure you keep building your chest in relation to the rest of your body so that if you get the op you will look great.  Otherwise you will have a freakishly small chest if you avoid chest exercises your whole life.

Offline user name

• Posting Member
Ok, just want to know if theres anybody out there thats started a healthy pushup routine and has saw any results? I have a mix of gland and fat, obviously its not gonna do anything to reduce gland, but would pushups tone rather than build ur pecs to make ur chest look flatter? Thanks

tone is a "myth" word for lowering bodyfat. it is impossible to spot reduce bodyfat from your chest. you must lower overall bodyfat, and your genetics will determine where the fat comes off first. on a muscle building note, i would bet the farm that if you were to lower bodyfat, and gain muscle, you would look 10x better. ive seen lots of overweight people lose bodyfat and gain muscle and they always look better. even with gyno, you still look much more masculine with pectoral muscles built up. if you want to build muscle lift heavy, puchups might yeild a some muscle development, but lfiting heavy in the 8-12 rep range is ideal for putting on muscle. there is no such thing as "toning" a muscle, its physically impossible to change the way a muscle is shaped, it either gets bigger or smaller. genetics will decide the actual shape of the muscle.

trey

Offline andres

in my experience, pushups worked quite well. i got gyne when i was about 10, gained a ton of weight, and then lost it all in my late teens and 20s. i decided to try pushups after despising the gym, to try and see if they'd result in a more balanced look that wouldn't push them out too far. and they worked. i started a regime of intense pushups every other day (or more often) about 3 years ago, and the results have been great. pushups do push out your upper pecs more, enhance deltoids and triceps, and make you feel really good. especially if you do them in the early morning, man what a way to get goin! I like to do triangles of 3--that is, start with your hands in a triangle made of your thumbs and pointer fingers placed right at center chest, do a set, jUmp out to straight ahead, do a set, then jump out to very wide arms, so that your arms are bent pretty well at the elbow. do them slow and controlled, do not bump your chest, and breath in on the drop and out on the up. make sure that you let yourself down as slow or slower than the push up--don't just drop yourself. push ups are great cause you can do them anywhere. you can do really fast reps as well-i like to start off this way to get warmed up. also try the 3-point drop: drop down to halfway and stOp--take 3 breaths; drop down to just 1 inch above the floor and stOp--take 3 breaths; then it's back up to mid, take 3 breaths--Repeat. you can do these 3ptrs in any arm width position.

now, good ole pushups aren't gonna zap your nips or drain your fat, but they might just make you feel better about yourself and attain a more naturally fit look. doing push ups may, however, push out your gyne in a way you don't want, but I'd recommend trying them for a while if you want and keep track of how you look and where you want to be.

Good luck out there, plyometrics rule!

andres

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024