Author Topic: How bad is my case?  (Read 5427 times)

Offline zookera

• Posting Member
For a while I was having some pain in my nipples.  I was very concerned about it (thinking I might have cancer or something), so I went to see my doctor.  He diagnosed my condition as gynecomastia.  I had never heard of that condition, but I was relieved when the doctor explained that there was no health risk associated with it.

The pain has gone away, but I am now very self conscious about the size of my chest.  T-shirts don't hang right.  I'm wearing sweatshirts in 80 degree temperatures and just ordered a product from one of the clothing websites referenced through this site.

I hate the idea of undergoing a surgery--and my doctor says that any such procedure would be for purely cosmetic reasons.

Anyway, I'm hardly objective about this.  So, I thought I would post a couple of photos and get some other opinions on whether my condition is really all that bad.

And, here's another image with the condition slightly more obvious as I'm bent over some...

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 12:30:49 AM by zookera »

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
not that bad indeed ! I'd give a 3 but that is a personal opinion not to be taken for granted. Surgery is the only option if you want your chest to change.

Offline zookera

• Posting Member
Thank you for the reply.

Sometimes I fear becoming overly self-conscious about this condition.  Sine it occurred to me that I have gynecomastia, I've started noticing that a significant percentage of the male population also appears to have some form of the condition.

I'm also thinking that surgery shouldn't be taken lightly.  I just went through a hernia surgery--and the sacrifices (down time, money, etc.) would make me think very carefully before undergoing another surgery at this time.

Of course, these decisions are personal ones.  I suppose if my case worsens (a 5/10, for example), the idea of a surgical solution might be far more appealing to me.

Offline joajani

• Posting Member
is there any other option beside surgery.
you people wouldn't know the pain this thing cost and the number of years it robs a person of. I really need your help and support. anyone who has beat this thing without surgery. help

Offline zookera

• Posting Member
it most likely will worsen, how old are you?
I would give that a 4 or 5/10
My nipps used to burn for days and I never told anyone.
Until one day my gland was huge and I got surgery.

I'm 47.

The problem started about three years ago.  At that time, it was painful and I went to see my doctor.

The burning and sensitivity stopped soon after that--and hasn't returned over the past two years.  It appears that whatever was causing the glands to enlarge has ceased.

I'm not certain if I should expect the condition to worsen at this point.  If it does, I would definitely consider surgery.

Offline zookera

• Posting Member
WOW ur 47 so something must be causing or was causing this burning/growing.
I can't see how this would start for no reason. Maybe some kind of mediaction
or a rare reaction to something you were taking.

The burning/growing started when I was about 44 and stopped when I was 45.  The condition appears to have stabilized about two years ago.  It's certainly not getting any better--but, it hasn't worsened either.

My doctor was unable to determine the cause of the gynecomastia.  I've never been on any medications.  The whole thing has been baffling.

In any event, I'm keeping a close eye on it.  If it starts to worsen, I'm definitely going to consider surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024