Author Topic: IS THIS PAIN NORMAL ?  (Read 4040 times)

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
I HAD SURGERY 11 DAYS AGO. THE PAIN DURING SURGERY WASN'T TO BAD. THE PAIN THE FIRST 24 HRS WAS VIRTUALLY NON EXISTENT. VERY LITTLE PAIN FOR THE NEXT 4 OR 5 DAYS BUT AROUND DAY 7 MY CHEST STARTED HURTING. SOMETIMES ITS A SHARP PAIN TO ONE OR BOTH BREASTS, SOMETIMES IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS CRAWLING AROUND INSIDE MY CHEST AND IT ITCHES LIKE CRAZY. SOMETIMES MY ARM PITS HURT LIKE HELL. I HAD LIPO ONLY DONE. THE SWELLING HAS GONE DOWN QUITE A BIT BUT I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THE SENSATIONS I AM FEELING IS NORMAL. ANY RESPONSES GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
I HAD SURGERY 11 DAYS AGO. THE PAIN DURING SURGERY WASN'T TO BAD. THE PAIN THE FIRST 24 HRS WAS VIRTUALLY NON EXISTENT. VERY LITTLE PAIN FOR THE NEXT 4 OR 5 DAYS BUT AROUND DAY 7 MY CHEST STARTED HURTING. SOMETIMES ITS A SHARP PAIN TO ONE OR BOTH BREASTS, SOMETIMES IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS CRAWLING AROUND INSIDE MY CHEST AND IT ITCHES LIKE CRAZY. SOMETIMES MY ARM PITS HURT LIKE HELL. I HAD LIPO ONLY DONE. THE SWELLING HAS GONE DOWN QUITE A BIT BUT I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THE SENSATIONS I AM FEELING IS NORMAL. ANY RESPONSES GREATLY APPRECIATED.
If you had real gyne and you only had lipo done be prepared to have another surgery.
  i already figured that is a probable scenario

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
I also had only lipo done. The stuff you are experiencing seems normal. I think the crawling may be parts of the local anasthesia wearing off. I also have itching sometimes but it goes away. Sometimes you may also have a burning sensation which comes and goes.

It can increase with activity and then subside based on what I have noticed.

Just watch out for signs of sudden swelling otherwise these things are fine.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
Hey Bob has there been any more decrease in size?
actuallt there has been a significant decrease in size, i am pretty happy with my left breast but while my right breast has started to look better i am still a little worried that i will have to have a revision. my right breast always was significantley bigger than the left.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
I also had only lipo done. The stuff you are experiencing seems normal. I think the crawling may be parts of the local anasthesia wearing off. I also have itching sometimes but it goes away. Sometimes you may also have a burning sensation which comes and goes.

It can increase with activity and then subside based on what I have noticed.

Just watch out for signs of sudden swelling otherwise these things are fine.
were you happy with the final results? did you have a or are you planning a revision ?

Offline intilt

• Bronze Member
u can ask the doctor or no.. :D

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Ok.  I will offer a different point of view.  But we have to understand that one person’s pain could be another person’s mild discomfort.

I think at 11 days post op, pain as you describe may not be normal in your armpits.   I would agree that the sensations you feel in your chest such as itching etc are normal but the pain under your arms may not be.  I had pain for the first 5 or 6 days but after that there was nothing.  If I were you I would phone your surgeon and talk to him.  Only he, or a doctor who takes a look at you, can put your mind at rest.  I would want to be sure that there wasn’t any infection around the incisions etc that might be causing the pain.

All the best.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024