Author Topic: On going debate.... need opinions???  (Read 4501 times)

Offline TM

• Posting Member
HI, Im 27 years old and have had gyne for as long as I can remember.  I had lipo surgery to my chest in December of '06 (doc insisted thats all that was needed). Needless to say I feel the surgery is only 1/2 complete. My mother thinks it looks fine and says "its all in your head." Please give us your honest opinions to help us both understand the situation?  Thank you in advance!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd163/Tcmikkelson/gyno1.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd163/Tcmikkelson/gyne2.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd163/Tcmikkelson/gyne3.jpg
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 01:23:30 PM by Phx T »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes, you need a revision...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline TM

• Posting Member
It does not appear that sufficient material was removed. Was this lipo-only?

Yes it was lipo only. I have to say that this whole ordeal pisses me off. I paid $3500 for a half-ass job. I sure wish I knew about this forum beforehand.

Offline TM

• Posting Member
I love hearing all of your opinions because I knew in my heart that it wasnt right. Im supposed to see him one last time this month, what do you think I should tell him??  

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Yeah, I agree with the others, you need a revision...

GynO_DuDe

Gland removal is neccessary bud ... Lipo only does not work.

Offline TM

• Posting Member
I agree with everyone on this board and decided not to ask the same PS to remove the gland. If he knew what he was doing in the first place I wouldnt be in this situation. So, Im going to go with a new doc that's experienced in this type of procedure. If anyone has any referrels to suggest in the Phoenix area, it is appreciated.  Here is my tenative list so far....  Dr. Angelchik, Dr. Cohen, and Dr. Khang Thai.
Also, I mentioned before that my doc that did the lipo wants to see me within the month, its my last visit. In your opinion, what should I tell him?

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
i had surgery in August, lipo only and i also will be needing a revision. it sucks.

Offline TM

• Posting Member
i had surgery in August, lipo only and i also will be needing a revision. it sucks.

It sure does. I almost feel like I was scammed in a way. $3500 is alot of money to me. Now I have to wait til I pay this off, then get my revision :( . Its partially my fault too, I shouldve done more research beforehand. Let this be a lesson to everyone reading this thread, first thing you NEED to do is.... research, research, research!!

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
I FEEL I WAS SCAMMED. MY SURGEON TOLD ME AT MY CONSULTATION THAT HE WAS GOING TO DO BOTH GLAND REMOVAL AND LIPO AND THEN WHEN I WENT FOR SURGERY HIS NURSE HAD ME SIGN  A PIECE OF PAPER STATING THAT IF I NEEDED A REVISION I WOULD ONLY HAVE TO PAY FOR THE OPERATING ROOM ($1,000) I BELIEVE THIS WAS HIS PLAN ALL ALONG JUST TO GET THE EXTRA MONEY OUT OF ME. IT REALLY SUCKS BECAUSE NOW I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THIS AGAIN.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU, KEEP ME INFORMED OF YOUR PROGRESS.

Offline TM

• Posting Member
I FEEL I WAS SCAMMED. MY SURGEON TOLD ME AT MY CONSULTATION THAT HE WAS GOING TO DO BOTH GLAND REMOVAL AND LIPO AND THEN WHEN I WENT FOR SURGERY HIS NURSE HAD ME SIGN  A PIECE OF PAPER STATING THAT IF I NEEDED A REVISION I WOULD ONLY HAVE TO PAY FOR THE OPERATING ROOM ($1,000) I BELIEVE THIS WAS HIS PLAN ALL ALONG JUST TO GET THE EXTRA MONEY OUT OF ME. IT REALLY SUCKS BECAUSE NOW I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THIS AGAIN.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU, KEEP ME INFORMED OF YOUR PROGRESS.

I will bro. That sucks what that surgeon did to you at the last minute. Thats very good information for all of us to watch out for.  Thank you for your input!!

Offline tanny

• Posting Member
I will share my experience with everybody in this Topic about Plastic Surgeons. I have seen altogether 4 Surgeons.
First when I saw a normal doctor about my Gyne he referred me to one of his known PS. Once I had a consultation with him he said there is no gland tissue it's just minor fat and you need liposuction to correct it.  Then the rest 3 surgeons said you have excess breast tissue so you need to do gland excision and liposuction. I agreed with them and totally took the first surgeon as inexperienced.

In the rest 3 the first one was an aged surgeon who is long time experienced also sounds professional however he didn't have any of his before and after surgery photos.  Then the 2nd I saw had alot of before and after pics of his surgeries he has done but those were one of the worst surgeries I have seen full of scars.  Finally last, the 3rd one was a young man, he showed his Gyne before and after surgery pics looked great so finally I found him the correct one to see otherwise I could have gone with the first one who said no gland excision only liposuction and spend money again doing revision with another surgeon.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:10:11 AM by tanny »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024