Author Topic: Consultation with doctor Weiner in Houston.... not good news  (Read 4374 times)

Offline user name

• Posting Member
went and talked to dr. weiner today. i have nothing but good to say about him and his staff. however he informed me he would not be able to help me. it appears i have very little gyne issues, or glandular mass. it is just loose skin from weight loss, and i would need a LBL (lower body lift) as opposed to a traditional tummy tuck. he does not perform either operation (LBL, or Loose skin removal of the chest) he informed me my chest surgery would be similar to a females breast reduction surgery. And he refered me to doctor Christopher Patronella of houston to perform the operations. i was budgeting around 7500-8500 for the surgeries, but after speaking to doctor patronellas office it looks more like 20,000.00 to 25,000.00 is what its gonna cost. i have a consultation with this doctor in november but i fear im going to have to postpone for at least another year, as theres no way i would be able to finance something like this right now.... Im so depressed right now its not even funny, i just wish i would have never let myself get as big as i did. im really paying for it now....

a message to all of you who are over weight, FIX IT BEFORE IT GETS TOO LATE.

DrBermant

went and talked to dr. weiner today. i have nothing but good to say about him and his staff. however he informed me he would not be able to help me. it appears i have very little gyne issues, or glandular mass. it is just loose skin from weight loss, and i would need a LBL (lower body lift) as opposed to a traditional tummy tuck. he does not perform either operation (LBL, or Loose skin removal of the chest) he informed me my chest surgery would be similar to a females breast reduction surgery. And he refered me to doctor Christopher Patronella of houston to perform the operations. i was budgeting around 7500-8500 for the surgeries, but after speaking to doctor patronellas office it looks more like 20,000.00 to 25,000.00 is what its gonna cost. i have a consultation with this doctor in november but i fear im going to have to postpone for at least another year, as theres no way i would be able to finance something like this right now.... Im so depressed right now its not even funny, i just wish i would have never let myself get as big as i did. im really paying for it now....

a message to all of you who are over weight, FIX IT BEFORE IT GETS TOO LATE.

Loose skin can be a major problem after massive weight loss..  When there is loose tissue both lower body and upper body, sculpting the coarser lower tissue first permits a more accurate areola position.  A

Lower Body Lift addresses the loose skin around the lower body and usually includes a tummy tuck, thigh lift, leg lift, and buttock lift.  Take your time to check out the entire section showing the problem of loose skin, the movies before and after surgery.

The drooping male chest after massive weight loss typically needs some form of Skin Reduction Chest Lift Surgery.  The extent of surgery depends on many factors.

For those still losing weight or needing to hold off before considering surgery, Non-surgical Body Shaping Garments can help as an emotional support.  It can be rewarding seeing the expression on patients as they first put on one of these garments to help deal with the loose skin issues until they are ready for surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominal Sculpture

Offline user name

• Posting Member
Dr. Bermant, although before i had not considered you for surgery due to cost versus dr. weiner, however inlight of new information. And the fact that you have so much experience with surgeries of this matter, im seriously considering using you for my surgery. ill contact your office and see if its possible to get a round about price for the 2 surgeries i will need.

thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024