Author Topic: Rate my pics  (Read 5190 times)

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
Hi guys, could you rate my gyne 1-10, my surgery is booked for the 25th of March!

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
looks like its mostly glands and a bit of fat around them..
id say 6/10 although the pics are really bad and under-exposed.. put some light on your chest and take a nice bright pic without shadows! open up man.. after surgery your life will change!!
you got good hair and form otherwise, with surgery you'll be back to "normal".
mine was quite similar.
some fat, but mostly tissue that i could feel as hard knots under the nipple.

Offline FatM1ke

• Posting Member
From those pics, I say 2 to 3/10.. reasonably moderate.

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
Thanks guys! sorry my house is full of these energy saving bulbs which are completely useless when you want to take a picture. How can you tell if its fat or gland?

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
you can feel the glands as hard globules compared to the surrounding fat, which feels soft and quite consistent in texture. the glands have a specific roundish/oval shape and you can sort of move them around. don't press too hard thought.
my gyno looked a lot like your's. that's why i disagree with boochan and gave it an rating of 6. i do so because its not a full on saggy type of breast, but definite visible muscular outline with raised fat/gland component so it is very obvious and visible in pretty much any clothing.
i can see that you are not overweight, thus your problem is not an excess of fat but most likely an increase in mammary glands.

who is doing your surgery and what type of method is this doc. using?

hope this helps

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
I really cannot feel any differences in the material on my chest it all just feels consistent and not lumpy. I did used to be very overweight when I first hit puberty which is when the problem first became obvious to me. I lost a ton of weight at 17 and dropped down to about 8 stone but my chest still looked too full and puffy. The doctor doing my surgery is a plastic surgeon called Peter Patterson. He is going to do something to my puffy nipples to sort of reduce their size and hold them back (some kind of internal bra!?)  and then he is using Lipo and excising what cannot be Lipoed. Thanks for your input I really do appreciate it.

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
When you say hard globules do you mean like loads of little globules or each of the two big glands? When I rub with a little pressure along my chest I feel little knots in the flesh is that what you mean? I mean I have felt a womans breasts and they had a definate firmness to them which this tissue doesnt seem to.

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
yeah that's exactly it. you can't classify it as one big gland. it is made up of many little knots that you feel. some are bigger than others, but they are all connected. medically they call it fibrous tissue. its tough, hard gland tissue, made up of many little globules.
thats the thing that i had under my nipples, mixed in with a little fat.
 womens breasts (i like :) ) do have these glands too. theirs just get a lot bigger and are more spread out throughout the breast. of course it depends how big they are, but generally womens breasts have a lot more fatty tissue as well. that's why womens breasts have that firmness and yours do not. the glands never got big enough to be classified functional, but they got big enough to be damn annoying.

it is usually during puberty that those many tiny knots will swell up and grow into bigger knots. unfortunately they don't always go away as was in my case.
it's good that you lost weight!  i have read several studies that link fat with estrogen production. that means that during your overweight years (which was puberty) you had a bit more estrogen than normal, and the male body at that time is going through many hormonal changes, so those tissues under your nipples got the chance to grow.

find out more detail from your dr. what exactly he plans on doing. get as much info as you can man its your body!

excision is typical with our type of gyno. those globules that you feel can not be sucked out. they gotta be cut out.

but trust me.. like i said. i had it done 6 months ago and i'm tellin you.. wearing a t-shirt has NEVER felt this good in my whole life :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:59:07 PM by refu_gee »

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
This is the email I just sent the surgeon:

Hi Mr Paterson, sorry to keep hassling you with questions. I have been talking to a few people who have had this operation on a forum. I keep hearing that liposuction alone does not remove all the fibrous mamary gland tissue, thats why I was asking about excision in the last email. I just wondered if you could run through what the operation is going to consist of again.   

Ill post the reply once I have it. 

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
He replies really fast:

Hi as per reply 26th feb if you have a fibrous disc beneath the nipple area then you would require a small scar that follows the pigment of the areola. This is the only way to get rid of it. A significant number of men do not have this disc, so it becomes a judgment call at the time of the operation. It has no bearing on the recovery time or final result.

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
you should try taking some better pictures. maybe with daylight as the light source.

looking again at the other pictures, it seems like your left is bigger than the right and there is what i would call a "classic" protrusion around your areola.

i'm gonna e-mail my surgeon right now and see if i can get my pre and post op pics sent to me. i'll post them up here for you to see what i'm talkin about.

have you had a consultation with Dr. Paterson yet?

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
This is a new one but it still looks crappy, maybe its the camera.
I am gonna get some better shots at the weekend, I go to work its dark I come home its dark! I met Doctor Paterson the other week and we had a long conversation. I had a big list of questions  and he answered them all. I would be interested to see your before and after shots, have you been swimming or done any kind of activity that you would never do before since you had it done? Time seems to have slowed down to a crawl the closer I have gotten to the operation.

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
yeah the lighting is still a little too shady .. but it's ok i get the general idea

to show you, here is my before and after

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=preopqb0.jpg

http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=postopxr0.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=postop1qa8.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1601/preop1nl4.jpg

you be the judge now :)

LOOKS DAMN GOOD I THINK.

Yeah i've been hittin the gym pretty much every day (except for a week when i got the flu). On top of that... the gym has a pool, steam room and sauna.. all of which i have attended every time i went to work out..
so to answer your question: the scars are minimally visible as you can see on the images. no one has even looked my way.. (except a few girls but thats another story if you know what i mean :) ). i really have never restricted myself from going to the public pool or taking my shirt off at the beach. i just never felt confident and i would feel like people were looking at me in a strange way. all that is gone now...

i don't concern myself with trying to wear heavier clothing. i'm totally ok with wearing just a t-shirt in public and with california hot summers coming up, i'm actually excited to confidently wear wife-beaters and go shirtless.

i feel free! by having this surgery, i feel like the energy i spent fighting bad emotions about my condition turned into lots of energy that i can use to better my physiological and psychological well being!

ask me any other question you have on your mind i'll be glad to answer!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:34:29 PM by refu_gee »

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
Congratulations, thats perfect.

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
oh hey i edited the post since you checked it last, included some more images

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024