Author Topic: Bad scarring? (pics)  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Norm10

I had surgery 2 months ago and have noticeable horizontal scars on each side of my nipple.  Most pics on her show very little or no scarring from the surgery.  Is my situation normal?  If so, how long til the scars become less visible?

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
You're still pretty early after post op. 6 months to a year for 100% results.

Offline 300zib

• Posting Member
I have never seen a doc cut on the top of the nipple usually they do the incision on the bottom.  The horizontal scar as well is unusal cause i have never seen that either.  The scars will fade more after time but im still baffled on the incisions.

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
I have never seen a doc cut on the top of the nipple usually they do the incision on the bottom.  The horizontal scar as well is unusal cause i have never seen that either.  The scars will fade more after time but im still baffled on the incisions.

Yeah, that is quite odd.  :-\

Maybe the surgeon was standing over his head when operating, instead of on his side? I don't know, but hopefully they fade in a few more months.
Triple Surgery done in Chandigarh, India (Jan 10, 2008):
1. Gynecomastia Surgery (simultaneously with #2)
2. Tonsillectomy
3. Septoplasty (5 days after #1 and 2)

3 lifelong problems wiped out in a flash of knives... Now recovering and excited beyond belief. :)

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
I had similar scarring for 9 months to a year, but it does start to go away. One day you'll look down and suddenly realise they're almost gone
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Just whatever you do keep the scar(s) out of sunlight, I can speak from experience in other operations, that if you get sun exposure on fresh scars they redden and look really bad....forever.

Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Norm10

Thanks for the feedback.  Hopefully the scar fades quickly.  I'd like to be able to go shirtless once summer rolls around without embarrassing scars.

Offline naruto

you can use a scar treatment to accelerate the healing. My PS rercommended the neosporin scar solution pads.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it's a little after the fact, but whoever did that was somebody who thinks he can do gyne just because he's a surgeon. 

people who know gyne technique cut a semicircle or less on the edge of the areola to hide the scar. 

you'll improve, but anybody looking to do this in future, always always always get a ps who knows gyne. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024