Author Topic: Annoyed (post surgery) let down by scars and mild return of the gyne.  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
Hi guys

It's been a long time since I posted up but i feel I have to get this "off my chest" ;)

anyway - Some of you will remember I had surgery last June (HM Forces/NHS UK) and the operation seemed like a success. I have kept my weight down (lost half a stone in the last 6 months too) and stuck at the weights to stop the gyne rearing it's ugly head. I've done everything I can to reduce the return of gyne.

However, it has.

I'm due to work abroad again in a couple of weeks - obviously I'm not happy with the way I look.

To put it simply, the doctor made a fucking mess of my nipple area, causing scars all around the nipple. and wors than this, the gyne is coming back in my left nipple- it's not protruding yet but the nipple is obviously bigger on one side :(

I'm so unhappy with the results

Before Pics:

Now Pics:

:(

Anyhow - the problem seems to be more nipple size now than anything - does anmyone know how hard the nipple reducing procedure is?

I have another appointment on tuesday with my local doc, who will hopefully refer me to the forces hospital for surgery again.

I've not seen any scars like this on other peoples pics either :(

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
Alright mate. I had scarring like that. It takes a long time to go down. As for the gyne coming back, I had that problem too. I think it was just that my surgeon left too much gland in first time round. Got a second surgery, well happy with the results. Only 10 days post op and it is just a waiting game now. All the best, hope the doc gives you good news
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

Offline what2do?

• Silver Member
from the looks of your scar, it seems like your ps cut all the way around the areola.. if so, it seems unusual because from what i know so far, is that they cut only atleast half way around.. who was ur ps ?

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
thanks for the reply

The PS was an Army Doctor. As this was free surgery I couldnt really pick and choose who would do it. However when I had my post op consultation the doctor there did tell me that it was possible for me to get nipple reducing surgery if it got worse. That was in September last year. I really hope they take my case seriously and book me in for more surgery. I dont know why they had to cut back into my nipples so much. If they were smaller I wouldnt even be concerned. It's just that they draw attention to the scarred area. If they were small the scars wouldnt be noticed I feel.

Kris

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
from the looks of your scar, it seems like your ps cut all the way around the areola.. if so, it seems unusual because from what i know so far, is that they cut only atleast half way around.. who was ur ps ?

First time round I had a male mastopexy (not 100% sure how to spell it). They cut all around the nipple and remove some skin too. That type of operation usually leaves scars like that.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Jim1985, you're absolutely right.  In a "donut" or circumareolar mastopexy, you cut all the way around the nipple/areola in order to reduce its diameter or reduce lighter skin around it.  There's no way to do that without leaving a scar around the entire areola.

And if your areolar diameter is uneven, the larger one is going to buy a scar completely around it.  OR, maybe there's residual gland beneath it pushing it out.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024