Author Topic: 14 years old with gyne  (Read 6828 times)

Offline NH

• Posting Member
Hey all,

I'm 14 years old and I know that I have gyne. I'm a heavy built person (thick bones and form), and I'm currently about 173 pounds and six feet tall. I was pretty fat from around 4th grade to 6th grade, with very little muscle and a lot of excess fat. I began developing fat in my chest area in 4th grade, but I can't remember if my nipples were normal or poofy. By the time 6th grade rolled along, I had "cone boobs" that poked blatantly through my shirt.

I began running in 7th grade, and started dropping weight fast. However, I still didn't feel comfortable, because I still had these "cone boobs". I would try to wear extra shirts to cover up the gyne; my dad told me his nipples were just like mine when he was a child. His nipples seem pretty normal now, but they do seem larger than average. I'm guessing this is somewhat hereditary, because my athletic brother developed gyne a year or so ago.

I learned what gyne was in 9th grade when I showed my bodybuilder cousin what causes me the most insecurity in my entire body, my nipples. After running 40 minutes every day from 7th grade to 9th grade, my belly really got small but my gyne really caused my chest to basically look the same. From the most straightforward people I know, I'm not even classified as chubby; I've got a pretty minimal amount of excess body fat. My friends said they would classify me as a "butterball", someone who is not chubby but not absolutely thin, either. Pudgy wouldn't be a terrible word, either.

I run every day and lift weights several times a week, hoping and praying that my gyne goes away. However, it doesn't; I began band aiding my nipples down in the summer, but my mom found out and refused to let me continue. I am extremely thankful to find this community that understands me, because even my close friends act like I'm a damn alien if/when they see my nipples. It hurts me that no one understands how insecure people who have gyne feel.

Here is my picture:

Please rate my gyne and help me out.

EDIT: Also, will my nipples shrink if I get the gyne removed? When it gets cold, my nipples do contract and actually look normal, but obviously the gyne doesn't go away.

Funny that it was a 14 year old that made the 1400th thread in this board :P
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 01:11:51 AM by NH »

Offline kingboob

Nipples will most likely shrink once the fat/gland is gone, I know mine have a bit and I had full blown breasts with hugeeee nipples.

You will probably hate me for saying this; but at your age you should probably focus on diet, exercise and giving it a little time...... strange things happen during puberty, your hormone levels are probably all over the place and as you only have a small-ish problem (is gyne ever a small problem?), things might work out without having to go under the knife.

If you lost weight (yes, even more!) it would probably improve things a bit.... however at 14yrs old you could probably get away with just maintaining your current weight and 'growing' into it, 6ft tall already you are bound to get a bit taller and 'fill out'.

Go see your doctor anyway, there may be things they can do other than surgery, they can certainly do blood work to make sure everything is as it is supposed to be hormone wise.

Offline NH

• Posting Member
Thanks for the help, King! I do believe that I should attempt to fully thin out before looking to go under the knife as well. My father's gyne isn't too obvious now that he's grown up, but if mine doesn't soon I will want to get rid of it. The hard part for me is saying I'll wait a year or two longer, because I'm sure you all know that having gyne for any amount of time is hard. Will my nipples un-poof if I lose more weight?

Offline Hellboy

• Bronze Member
sometimes when your body fat get lower it can look worse if its mostly gland. Try and get your body fat lower and see it helps. When working out doing chest do alot of flys to build up your inner chest. This can helps your chests appearance

Offline NH

• Posting Member
I will definitely keep this in mind. Honestly, I don't care too much about the actual gyne; the glands don't seem HUGE under my nipples, and having an overall large structure I don't believe they'll be a large problem. The main reason I would want the glands removed is for the poofy nipples to disappear. However, if that can be done by weight loss, it's only more motivation for me; I just came back from a 4 mile run and a short weight lifting session :)

Thank you for all of the help, guys, and please feel free to continue giving me your thoughts on my situation.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Keep up the exercise and fat loss, and remember to always eat healthy - this will decrease the fat in the chest area.
But understand that these activities will not help reduce the size of the gland which is causing the puffy nipples.

Only your own body, going through puberty, or surgery will get rid of these. Unfortunately.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
the pics or video has been deleted!!! i'm not able to see ur pic

Offline NH

• Posting Member
I'm sorry, Photobucket deleted the picture.

Will the chances of the gland getting smaller increase with weight loss?

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
The size of the gland won't decrease with any amount of weight loss, unfortunately.

The size of the gland is governed by hormones mostly, so weight loss only reduces overall size of the 'breast'. Extreme weight loss would make the gland more defined, which probably isn't good.

The only ways I know of to cure the gland problem are waiting it out until the end of puberty, testosterone gels (only under the guidance of a doctor) and surgery.

Offline NH

• Posting Member
The glands feel pretty small...is it possible the poofy-ness (not the glands themselves) can go down with weight loss? Also, since I've only suffered for a few years, what do you think the chances are that this will go away? My parents understand my situation and are willing to go with any method (I can do surgery, try the gel, etc) to get rid of this. I recently ordered a compression shirt off eBay, so that will hopefully keep me comfortable me for everything but the beach until something changes.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
I'm glad you're getting so much support from your parents. however, you'd be suprised how much the 'pooy-ness' is caused by the gland, as opposed to fat content. To make any real kind of change, weight loss has to be quite drastic. dont forget weight loss isnt localised to your nipples, theres fat coverage over your entire body, which will gradually decrease.

Testosterone gel is experimental at best, many people report no results, and from what i hear, only people with full blown gynecomastia use it; not us puffy nipple guys. It can also cause some pretty nasty side-effects.

A doctor would advise you to wait until the end of puberty, thats what I'm gonna do probably.

Offline NH

• Posting Member
I get what you're saying. I think testosterone gel may not be the best idea either (my brother took a testosterone shot and had some NASTY side effects a few years back). Since it appears my gyne is hereditary, are chances high that it'll go away at the end of puberty like my dad's did? I would probably say that I've had it since I started puberty, and I'm definitely not done yet.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
i wish someone could give you a solid answer for that, because I want one too. We'll just have to wait and see.

Offline silver00

Wow.......I am shocked, that if i made a post it would look EXACTLY the same way did yours. ;D
and I also tried the band aid thing lol
anyways im 15, and have the same problem, so some people told me to see a doctor, and the doctor requested surgery, and so i called my grandma in Poland(Europe) and i asked her what she thought, so she asked some doctors in Poland and they said i should wait till im 18 or else there is a chance that i won't be able to have children when I grew up.  That sounded absurd to me. any1 else here of this??

Offline moobzSUck

• Posting Member
Wow.......I am shocked, that if i made a post it would look EXACTLY the same way did yours. ;D
and I also tried the band aid thing lol
anyways im 15, and have the same problem, so some people told me to see a doctor, and the doctor requested surgery, and so i called my grandma in Poland(Europe) and i asked her what she thought, so she asked some doctors in Poland and they said i should wait till im 18 or else there is a chance that i won't be able to have children when I grew up.  That sounded absurd to me. any1 else here of this??

I've never heard if that lol

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024