Author Topic: My case with pictures finally.  (Read 5961 times)

Offline scballersc

• Posting Member
Picture 1: Me in good shape (6'2, 195lbs, 10%bf) and the beneficiary of a cold room.  (Gyne is there, I promise you)

Picture 2-3: Me now (+10lbs, discouraged, still wanting surgery).

Offline scballersc

• Posting Member
Pictures 3: Right Side View (PS, macs have some kind of mirror camera going on so while you may swear this is my left side, it is in reality my right!)
Picture 4: Left Side View
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 12:54:22 AM by scballersc »

Offline scballersc

• Posting Member
Picture 5: Front View
Picture 6: From Below

I know my case is far from severe, but it bothers me a ton (for 5 years now) and after eating healthy and working out, Im become discouraged and about to reach my breaking point.  Posting these pictures has actually made me feel better.

a Side Note: Appearance is one thing yes, but my lower pecs is glandular, soft, and subject to irritation.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It looks like you have a mild case of gynecomastia due to glandular tissue present.  You don't appear to have much body fat, even after gaining 10 lbs.  You would probably get a great result with direct excision of gland tissue only.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline scballersc

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply Dr. Pope.  Im in the Northeast and seriously contemplating surgery for the first time.  Delaying it any longer would be wasting time and decreasing the benefit of a gyne-free chest.  I'd love to have the procedure done soon, especially cause it is really affected my mood of late.

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
dont even bother man its soooo mild just put on like 10-15 pounds of muscle and a bit of fat wont weven know its there

Offline scballersc

• Posting Member
Well I have put on a good amount of muscle, decreased my bf, etc.  I've gotten to the point where I am benching 225lbs, 10 times and this hasn't seemed to help hide my gyne.  My diet is spot on, bulking and cutting takes a toll, and I just want to see the finished product already.  Also bulking and cutting seem to make the gyne more visible, which has in turn caused me to grow more and more discouraged.

I understand my case is not severe but like everyone else here, it bothers me.  Also, I really respect everyone going through this and would really recommend training and dieting to a point.  Then, well at least for me, its time for surgery.

PS: Gaining 10-15 pounds of muscle, without the use of steroids, takes years.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 01:17:11 AM by scballersc »

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member

PS: Gaining 10-15 pounds of muscle, without the use of steroids, takes years.

Oh Yes! take's ages!!!! - Believe Me!
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
Negative.
Whatever your eating now eat a extra 2 hamburgers a day one with your lunch one an hour before super.(Big!)
Protein shake after workout 5 days a week
double protein shake before bed (or muscle milk and a half)
Dymatize x-pand creatine pre and post days off only before bed and your years will turn in to 6-7months

Offline scballersc

• Posting Member
Yea it maybe possible...if I haven't been doing that exact thing for 5 years.  During my last bulk, I ate 5000cals and 500grams of protein everyday for 3-4 months.  I gained 10 pounds which will be no more than 5 pounds after me current cut. 

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
Its defiantly there, Its up to you if you want to go through the whole surgery process, as an honest opinion i don't think is much to worry about but i have been told the same and its frustrating so i would say defiantly go ahead. Perfect case for surgery too as its low body fat so would give the best results. good luck with everything!!

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
You're in good shape so surgery will probably do you wonders...provided that you find a good surgeon.  Just curious...what do you do in terms of nutrition during your cutting phases?

Offline scballersc

• Posting Member
Well I am cutting now actually and it is going really well.

I have a fitday.com account that logs all my meals and I would love to share.  But my typical day looks like:

9:30 am, Meal 1: Breakfast
1 cup Egg Beaters
2 Egg Whites
Spinach

1:00pm, Meal 2: Pre-workout meal
1.5 scoops Protein Powder
3/4 cup Oatmeal
1 Small Banana
Coffee

4:00 pm, Meal 3: Post-Workout Shake
1.5 scoops Protein Powder
2 Scoops Gatorade Powder

6:00pm, Meal 4: Dinner
8 oz Chicken Breast
1 Yam
1.5 cups Broccoli

9-10pm, Meal 5: Before Bed
Lowfat (NOT NONFAT) Cottage Cheese
Assortment of Fruit (Apples, Strawberries, Blueberries, and/or Grapefruit)
Wheat Germ
1/2 Tbsp Honey
Mixed Nuts

My meals vary, but this is what it tends to look like on lifting days (I currently lift every other day).  Usually comes out to 1900-2200 cals, 200+ g Protein, 180ish g Carbs, 40-50 gs Fat.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Looks like theres a slight bit of gland action going on on the left.  I had to look very carefully a few times to notice it though...
Its so minor though that I bet no-one has noticed it before now except yourself
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline scballersc

• Posting Member
Yes the left is much more of a bother for me.  Which absolutely makes it suck.  People have mentioned it to me on occasion, however I do think that they really dont think it bothers me and thats why they can make mention of it.  Im just as guilty though; when someone mentions it, it sets me off and I fight back verbally and call out my other friends.

Anyway, my biggest hope is that because it is relatively minor, I will get some sort of discount and will be able to better afford the procedure.  Any thoughts?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024