Author Topic: 6 month post op pictures update  (Read 7195 times)

Offline Andy08

• Posting Member
Hello, just wanted to give an update to my results, you can go to the last post to see 6 month post op pics... Overall im pretty happy with my results, best of luck to anyone thinking on getting the surgery.
Cheers.

Hello,

I'm a 20 year old male and I was diagnosed with a not "too" bad case of gynecomastia, Since high school I've been sort of concious about my "man boobs" but not to the point where people picked on me and got psychological trauma or something like... Still, I always try to hide it with thick button shirts, never took my shirt off in public since elementary I think. What I mostly hate are the "Puffy" nipples that always stick out when im wearing loose t shirts.

So they took me to a doctor and they got insurance to cover the surgery, which is scheduled for next week... However im a little nervous because Ive never had any surgery in my life before, thank god. So Im not sure if my problem really deserves surgery.

According to my study, its gonna be a little of lipo and removal of gland.

Like I said, my main concern right now is that its the first time im gonna be completely sedated...so all sorts of thoughts go through my head...

Please tell me what you think.

Thanks

SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR POST OP PICS
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 11:24:02 PM by Andy08 »

Offline Andy08

• Posting Member

Offline ughomg

• Posting Member
To be honest, I would go with the surgery and think it is really worth it. I think your case really needs surgery (no offense) because it is blatently obvious you have some form of chest deformity since your skinny. (Hope I am not being too harsh >.<) I would go through with the surgery if i were you 100%, it is definitely worth it. *However, you should think really hard whether it is truly what you want...if it doesn't bother you at all leave it alone.
Also, make sure you know the skill of your surgeon and have expectations of realistic results as mapped out by your surgeon.

Moreover! I am considering surgery myself for a condition similar to yours and have a question to ask:
I am only 18 so I don't understand how all this insurance works...how did you get yours to cover the surgery? I know it would be very very difficult for me to pay it on my own. What did you do to finally come to surgery/what doctors did you visit to eb diagnosed? So far I have only visited my GP and he said i don't have gynecomastia (kinda brushed it off quick) but I want a second opinion because I have puffy nipples similar to yours.

P.S.
I had varicocele surgery 4months ago and was very nervous about anesthesia too. Don't worry man! you will be fine. There are rarely any problems with sedations and by the time they put the IV through your arm your dead asleep in 10seconds, and it really is painless. Just make sure your being put under by a licensed/board certified anesthesiologist or that your surgeon is board certified in it.

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Get it done! You won't regret it. The fact that your case is a minor one increases the chances of you getting great results. Don't be scared about the surgery, you will be sleeping like a baby.

Offline Andy08

• Posting Member
To be honest, I would go with the surgery and think it is really worth it. I think your case really needs surgery (no offense) because it is blatently obvious you have some form of chest deformity since your skinny. (Hope I am not being too harsh >.<) I would go through with the surgery if i were you 100%, it is definitely worth it. *However, you should think really hard whether it is truly what you want...if it doesn't bother you at all leave it alone.
Also, make sure you know the skill of your surgeon and have expectations of realistic results as mapped out by your surgeon.

Moreover! I am considering surgery myself for a condition similar to yours and have a question to ask:
I am only 18 so I don't understand how all this insurance works...how did you get yours to cover the surgery? I know it would be very very difficult for me to pay it on my own. What did you do to finally come to surgery/what doctors did you visit to eb diagnosed? So far I have only visited my GP and he said i don't have gynecomastia (kinda brushed it off quick) but I want a second opinion because I have puffy nipples similar to yours.

P.S.
I had varicocele surgery 4months ago and was very nervous about anesthesia too. Don't worry man! you will be fine. There are rarely any problems with sedations and by the time they put the IV through your arm your dead asleep in 10seconds, and it really is painless. Just make sure your being put under by a licensed/board certified anesthesiologist or that your surgeon is board certified in it.

wow...not harsh at all...why dont you post your pics and we tell you how you look   hehehe just kidding

About the insurance thing, im not really quite sure how its gonna get covered...my parents take care of that stuff so I really can't help you there, sorry

If all goes well I will be getting the surgery this wednesday or thursday...

Thanks for your replies

Offline ughomg

• Posting Member
Lol if I had a camera I would! I'm excited for you! I hope it all goes well. Don't worry about the anesthesia man it really is nothing. It will all be over in 1-2hours(avg gyne surgery time) but the results will last forever! it truly is worth it and I wish you tons of luck! You will never have to return to these forums again! woohoo! crossing my fingers for your speedy recovery.

Offline gynoman1

• Posting Member
Go for it.  I am 20 years older than you and my gyno is identical to yours.  I just wish that I had chosen the surgical route at 20!  Anesthesia can be a little unsettling but you will be totally fine.  Wishing you the best of luck.

Offline Andy08

• Posting Member
Thanks guys!

Hopefully I will be back to post my post-op pics  ;D

Cheers

Offline Andy08

• Posting Member
Hi everyone!

Just woke up from recovery! I had my surgery today at 12:00 pm, according to the doctor everything went perfect, I didnt feel a thing and Im feeling very well right now  ;D

Right now Ive got my compression vest, Im gonna take it off tomorrow to clean up and stuff, Ill see if I can take pics, hope everything looks ok down there lol...

Anyways just trying to give a heads up.

Thanks to everyone for the support!

cheers

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
Glad it went well.  Be good to see your results!

Offline Andy08

• Posting Member
Today I removed my vest to replace the bandages and stuff... I was like......wow.....no more gyno lol  ;D

Everything looks good, though there is a bit of swelling and its starting to hurt :-\

Hopefully the meds will take care of that.

Will take pics as soon as the swelling starts to go down  ;)

Cheers

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Congrats man, See if you decided not to get surgery you probably would of regretted it your whole life....
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Andy08

• Posting Member
Hello,

here's my 1 week post op pics!

I had an appointment with the doctor on monday, he said everything was perfect and that I would have to wear my compression
vest for the the rest of this week and the next one.

Tomorrow I have another appointment, he will remove the...stitches? or whatever you call them. There's still swelling but the pain is gone, I can
almost move like normal again, overall im quite pleased, I already tried some shirts without the vest and the difference is quite big :D.

Anyways, here's the pics, tell me what you guys think...

Cheers!

BTW: I didnt have a lot of time so I took my pics after taking a bath and they might be a little blurry...

Offline Andy08

• Posting Member

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024