Author Topic: Gonna get surgery in next 6 months, what u think  (Read 6983 times)

hadenuf

Hi everyone. I am in the Uk and considering surgery. I have had a large chest and was picked on at school from around 13 yrs old. I am now 38 and have not been in a public swiming pool since about 12 yrs old as I am so aware of it. It has always bothered me to an extent that I never went on holidays with my mates and I have not been without my shirt on a beach for over 10 years.

I am now married witha 4 yr old lad and he wants to do all those things so it's about time I did something about it.

I have always been slightly over weight too which has made it worse. I am 5ft 6 ins and I have just gone from 13st 7lb to 10 st 10lb which has taken me 5 months of healthy diet and cycling 16 miles every other day and using a treadmill at least 5 times a week for 30 mins. I have dropped 6 inches from my waist but my one place I wanted to loose has stayed same if anything it looks worse now I am slimmer. I am still eating healty and doing 30 mins treadmill nearly every day to burn even more fat. I also have weights now so trying to tone also.

this is getting me down so much my wife wants me to do something about it. what do you think for the pics? Some is deffo fat but it feels all lumpy under my nipples and is the size of a large marble sort of.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:52:57 AM by hadenuf »

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
First of welcome to the boards my friend, to be honest me and you have a lot in common for instance last time I was in a public pool was when I was 11 years old, and I am 20 now. I been to the beach 2 years ago and took off my shirt 2 times and I was there 7 days. I am also losing weight, I lost 10lb in one month (currently weight 170lb), my goal is another 20lb by october. When I was 15 years old and at the time I was fat, some kids picked on me and in my head I said "One day I will have a muscular body and I will lose all the fat on my body and eat healthy" I been eating healthy just like you, consuming only good stuff, and eating almost nothing that contains fat or oil, slowly but surly making my promise come true.

My gyne case is similar to yours, my nipples are smaller, but the amount of fat seems to be the same. I can see in your pics that you have muscle above your gyne, so thats good which means your results will be better, and thats another thing we have in common. I also work out, I am currently on vacation, I live in NYC and as soon as I get back I am gonna start working out again, but this time around much harder.

Another thing we have in common is, I am also getting my surgery in the next 6 months, probably first week of january(depends on my surgeon). Once again welcome to the site, keep us informed, also if you can PM me with your weight lose progress, I would like to see how you manage with the workouts and stuff, since I am also gonna start hitting up the treadmill as soon as I get back home.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

hadenuf

Thanks for the welcome. It's just about time to try and get this sorted and start living my life to the max which is what I have not done for the last 20 yrs unfortunately!

hadenuf

Anyone else got an opinion? I am still doing treadmill 30 mins running evry day to loose more body fat and see if I can loose some more but I do not think it will go as it's been there and hidden since i was about 13 yrs old. Is surgery the only answer or is it worth visiting the doctor and having an hormone check? I have always put weight on so easily and put it down to just being fat.

Any comments will be more than welcome. :)

Offline Deviant

• Posting Member
I can see why you would be self conscious about them,  but honestly,  I wish my chest was like yours.

Offline grathen321

• Posting Member
I asked my surgeon the same question about surgery being the only option, he said it was and I would need to get down to starvation level to have any kind of significant impact on them. when I was 18 I got down to 8 and a half stone and those boobs were still sitting there. I had surgery and although I have some concerns about the outcome (see my post) I do not regret it for a moment and I can now at least go swimming and not spend the whole time thinking about it. Time is going on man, you do not want your kid to grow up feeling as inhibited about his body as you have been.

hadenuf

Thanks for the replies. I am gonna make a consultation appointment on Monday as I now have the money to do what I need to so nothing is holding me back now.

hadenuf

I now have a consultation this friday so it may be sooner now as the ball is rolling :)

hadenuf

I know have a date for surgery of 4th October so not that long to wait now. Getting it done sooner than I thought :)

Offline baseballguy

hey man, its really good to hear that you are going for the surgery. I had the surgery and I am very happy with the results. I have two small scars around my nipples but they are not very noticeable and will get less and less noticeable as time goes by. I understand how big of a burden gyn can be and i feel for ya. good luck with surgery

hadenuf

Thanks dude. I am looking forward to it for sure. I am currently not working but hope to get back to work asap but for now I am waiting for this to be done before looking again. I am also looking forward to booking a beach holiday for next year as it's been about 11 yrs since the last one and I found that one embarassing. Prior to that I was probably on a beach when I was about 12yrs old, sad really I know. My 4 yr old has no idea either as he knows I have lost a fair amount of weight and says I am not fat any more but he also notices my chest saying he wants muscles like me, lol. Hopefully he wont get the same thing when he hits puberty.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats on getting surgery dude!

Who is your PS?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

hadenuf

Congrats on getting surgery dude!

Who is your PS?

GB

Karadis. I cant wait now. I have just found I have high cholestrol too so gald I started the weight loss and will continue to shed a few more pounds and keep up the excercise.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats with the weight loss and good luck with your surgery...

GB

hadenuf

Hi guys. I had my surgery much soner than I thought I would once I got in that frame of mind to get it done and do something about it. Thanks goes to this forum and its many freindly members. Without finding this place I would never have realised that solutions were out there.

Here is my UK post showing details of it and pictures before and after. :)

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15820.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024