Author Topic: Can I get a body like this?  (Read 7584 times)

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
I'm 29 years old and have had what I believe is mild gynecomastia all my life.    I'm 5'11 and right now I weigh 195.  The most I ever weighted was last year and that was a bit over 200.  I'm starting to get more serious about going into surgery to have the fat removed.  I've dropped to really low weight in the past but I've never lost the fat from under my nipples and chest area.  I'm even considering to get lipo on my stomach as well.  I go to the gym often but I think surgery may be able to bring me closer to the body I've always wanted.  I'm posting pics here of myself as well as of the body I'm working towards.  I have no problem eating right and going to the gym consistently.  Even if I do this, does it look like I have the body type to actually get a build like these example pics or am I just dreaming?  
???

Here are pics I posted of my chest and stomach:

(if you can't view these let me know.  I have 6 posted)

Here is the body I want to get by having surgery as well as eating right and going to the gym:

(you should be able to browse all through that site and see the same model http://www.pants-ya.com - (select different colors on the same page to see different poses of the same model))  

Is this realistic?  Could surgery give me the extra push needed to get a body similar to the one above?

And one other thing since I'm talking about bodies, how the heck do guys get bodies like the one below?  I don't ever expect to get this big but I love the definition.  Diet and Exercise?  Lipo?  Implants?  Steriods?  Genetics?  What?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 07:31:29 PM by sdsurfer »

Offline Spleen

Mostly genetics.  If you want a physique like thos dudes you need to diet big time and cardio like a nut.  Be realistic.  Not everyone has the raw genetic material to have a "10" physique.  Surgery should help, but it's not a "silver bullet".

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Why do you care so much about having the "perfect" body?

If you look normal and can go out in public without being laughed at, you should be happy.

The guys in those ads probably worked for years and years devoting their lives, diets, etc to obtaining the "perfect" body. Why somebody would spend so much time and effort on something like that is beyond me.

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
Thanks for your posts and please keep them coming.  Changing my body is something that's really important to me.  I was joked on all the time growing up regarding my chest.  Now I'm older and I just want to look as good as I can.  I'd like to get a better body just by eating good and working out (with cardio of course) but I don't think that's going to take care of my biggest problem which is my chest.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I agree with Spleen 100% (but don't listen to him if he tells you to do decline presses) ;).  That's just an inside joke.

It's both nature and nurture to get that type of body.  Genetics probably plays a larger role than anything else, but perfecting the correct diet and exercise routine for your body is huge.  Then there's the mental side of it.  Those guys probably stayed committed over many years to their training to look that way.

If you want that type of body, the first thing you have to do is get different parents.

Be the best you can be, not what others are.  Intrinsic motivation to be your best is more powerful and sustaining than the extrinsic motivation to look like someone else.  

Besides, why do you want to look like that anyway?  Is it to get girls?  You're 29 years old.  Back when I was single, I attracted far better quality women when I was in bad shape but had a good job and some money.  

There comes a time in every chicks life when she stops looking at looks so much and starts to want a guy who has money.  I'm not saying all women are shallow. Just the opposite, they want to settle down and want a man who is mature enough to support them and a family financially. That's why you see so many geek guys with smoking hot women.  Ever asked yourself, "how did he get her?"  

The last time I saw a guy with the build of that last pic you sent, he was working as a bouncer at a titty bar.

I can go on forever, but now i'm rambling.

Out!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 08:39:58 PM by jc71 »

Offline mustang26

• Bronze Member
Try losing 10-15 lbs more first before surgery.  You may see some success from this. Success in the sense of improved gyno/gut, not success in looking like those pics!!!

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
I'm trying my best to make the change happen without surgery.  I've been working out 3 days a week, doing yoga once a week, and doing some serious cardio at least twice a week.  I probably need to do more cardio as it sounds like dropping more weight is key.  I do eat well but I'm sure I could eat less (I eat really fast so often I overeat which is a problem).  

I hear you about looks not being everything.  I'm trying to make a bunch of changes in my life for the better and this is one of them.  I plan on changing jobs, getting out of credit card debt, purchasing a condo, etc.  All of these are my major goals.  But looking fit is really one of the top ones.  However shallow it may sounds I know it would change my life for the better.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Dude- sounds to me like you are tryna take on way too much all at once, and all too comprehensively.

baby steps and patience is required.

you're not going to go straight from what you are now to a male cover model. doesnt happen like that.
sure that can be a long (for what you want Id say extra long) term goal, but all long-term goals require the completion of numerous short term goals along the way.
your first goal should be x amount of improvement. once you reach it, your next should be maintaining your results while working towards destination y. eventually once you are drastically improved (in whatever way we are talking about), and not far off from the original long-term ideal, then that can become the next focus.

you cant take up tennis tomorrow, and think youll be playing at wimbledon in 6 months. Use a realistic approach to achieving your goals ...... and baby steps
... and the saga continues

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
You're right.  It would be helpful to start creating a road map though and figure out how to really achieve those goals.  I guess I should listen to some Tony Robbins...

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
The guys in those ads probably worked for years and years devoting their lives, diets, etc to obtaining the "perfect" body. Why somebody would spend so much time and effort on something like that is beyond me.

Actually, a lot of people can live quite irresponsibly and still have a terrific physique.
I agree that this type of thing is probably 75% genetic. But, we can ALL achieve our absolute best conditioning possible.
I bet you'd be impressed with the way you could develop your body if you were to be committed to the cause.

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
I really am committed to the cause.  Maybe I should invest in a personal trainer.  I might just be spinning my wheels in the gym and with my current eating habits....

Offline jc71

That's a good idea.  Hire a personal trainer until you get a good idea how to workout and eat for your body type.

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
I would say that body is possible. How much work it will require you to do ... or how long it will take... I have no idea. But if you commit yourself to it and invest a significant amount of time....and avoid recreational eating...then I don't see why you couldn't if you stayed at it long enough.

of course, then again, i know nothing about what i am talking about.

Offline jc71

of course, then again, i know nothing about what i am talking about.

That's hilarious. ;D  At least you're honest.

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
I know I sound totally shallow but I'm sure most of you would agree that if you could have a different looking chest (or even body) it would dramtically change your life for the better.  I really think it would for me.  The biggest thing is just a boost in self-confidence and self-esteem.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024