Author Topic: 19 with less serious puffy nipples  (Read 7585 times)

Offline ovdojoey

• Posting Member
Well I have had "puffy" nipples for as long as I can recall - and while some may say it's not a big deal or not noticeable it stops me from doing anything with my shirt off...  I don't go to the beach or any of the stuff I would love to do.

I have some pictures from a year ago when I was heavier

But I've lost some weight and worked out recently but the puffy nips are still there...

I have a consult in Winter Park Fl with a plastic surgeon...
What do you guys think

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
There seems to be some gland behind those nipples, not that weird but still a bit visible.

Can you feel some hard tissue beneath your nipples ?

Offline ovdojoey

• Posting Member
Yeah I can feel a gland - if I get surgery I don't want the nipples to sag down though (if the gland is removed and nothing is pushing them out)

What is a normal result for something like this (I don't believe I will need much lipo but I don't know...)

Would the nips go flat or would they kinda hang lol? I like the way the look when I'm cold

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
I don't think they would sag down... Those who went under the knife of a surgeon could tell you but considering your case, it would not be a big operation... It could give a great result !

I know what you mean when your nipples look better when they're cold ! lol Just put ice on it for the whole day ! lol

Offline Suburban88

• Posting Member
i know what you mean to man when you dont want them to look different after the surgery if u have it, the only thing stopping me is my fear of result, i consulted a plastic surgeon trying to see if they could go through my belly button to do it, and they said no, so idk either man. But ya

Offline FriedChicken

This is exactly what I am afraid of. I probably have a bit more toned body of your 1st pic, but I fear if I go hardout for like 6 months I will still have the puffyness. I would be most fucked off if that happened. Basically I dont have bitch breasts I just have the puffy problem which is probably worse.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You do have puffy nipples and probably also have a small amount of breast tissue as well extending beyond the confines of the areolas.  At your age, surgery would result in a smoother, flatter chest and your skin will undoubtedly tighten immediately after surgery.  In essence, you would be an excellent candidate for surgical correction of your gyne.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Well I have had "puffy" nipples for as long as I can recall - and while some may say it's not a big deal or not noticeable it stops me from doing anything with my shirt off...  I don't go to the beach or any of the stuff I would love to do.

I have some pictures from a year ago when I was heavier

But I've lost some weight and worked out recently but the puffy nips are still there...

I have a consult in Winter Park Fl with a plastic surgeon...
What do you guys think

Weight Loss Before Gynecomastia Surgery can help with general fat.  However, gland and excess skin can be factors.  It does not take much remaining tissue of subtle Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia to disturb the male contour. Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia consists of gland, fat, and skin.  It is a great pleasure hearing from my patients how my sculpting their puffy nipples, resulted in comfortable change in life style like going to the beach and comfort with chest exposure.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline ovdojoey

• Posting Member
You do have puffy nipples and probably also have a small amount of breast tissue as well extending beyond the confines of the areolas.  At your age, surgery would result in a smoother, flatter chest and your skin will undoubtedly tighten immediately after surgery.  In essence, you would be an excellent candidate for surgical correction of your gyne.

Dr Jacobs

Thanks for the feedback.  I looked at your website and it seems outstanding with some of your patients with puffy nipples.  I am surprised that of the success of the patients with all the horror stories you hear on here with the same outcome after surgery due to scar tissue.

Do you know what the normal healing time is before I would look good to go outside?  What about working out would I have to wait a while after surgery?

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Hello ovdojoey,

Man, your chest looks effing exactly how mine did prior to my surgery.  I was 18 when I had it done though, you look a little older.  I think it can suck the most when you have such a small case of gynecomastia that you notice it more than anyone else but it's still visible to a degree.  You never feel "quite right".  I sympathize with you greatly.  But it could always be worse.

The surgery process (depending on your Doc) will most likely include excision (to cut out gland) and liposuction (to sculpt your chest).  It's relatively painless and quick and the price usually varies greatly.  Recovery is the most difficult time for anyone as swelling and scar tissue will distort results for a few weeks to several months.  But as long as you make sure to tell your surgeon that you want your chest and nipples to be flat, they should take out a good amount of gland.  Good enough at least in hopes that the first time will work and you'll be satisfied.  Every once in a while, they can leave a little more gland than you like and revision may be necessary.  Surgeons will generally work with you and most of the time have great policies on revisions as far as cost goes.  But again, it varies.

The first surgery (and hopefully ONLY surgery) is a great step in the right direction if you're comfortable with it.  After that, it can only get easier.  Knowledge is power so do your research before the surgery and ask a shitload of questions to a couple different surgeons. 

I wish you the best of luck and I hope that by next Winter you'll feel better!  Take care.

P.S. - Your body looks great!  Keep up the good work!
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.

Dr Jacobs

Thanks for the feedback.  I looked at your website and it seems outstanding with some of your patients with puffy nipples.  I am surprised that of the success of the patients with all the horror stories you hear on here with the same outcome after surgery due to scar tissue.

Do you know what the normal healing time is before I would look good to go outside?  What about working out would I have to wait a while after surgery?

If you get a good surgeon that does a good job on you, the healing time is about three weeks.  Then you would probably be OK to go outside, go back to work, etc.  As far as lifting weights or cardio goes, you should wait 1 or 2 months until you do anything strenuous.  You risk messing with your results if you do anything too serious too soon.

But it really shouldn't be a long wait time at all.  I felt fine after about a month.  How you look will matter more to you though after a few months.  All tell-tale signs of surgery should become way less noticeable after 3-6 months.

And all these "horror stories" you're reading on here are very real.  Scar tissue can physically emulate gynecomastia and make it feel like you never had surgery.  Of course, a good surgeon will do his best to minimize scar tissue and damage.  But not every surgery is perfect.  And once again, TIME is a large factor in the recovery/healing process.  But if you ask me, if after 6 months there seems to be scar tissue still there, it's most likely residual gland.  But sometimes scar tissue WILL actually dissipate after a year. 

That just goes to show how much each individual's operation results differ from one another.  Don't get discouraged by the horror stories.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:27:04 PM by Jake »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024