Author Topic: ??? about testosterone levels and gyno  (Read 2265 times)

Offline NetMXer

I've been go the endo who's taken a couple blood tests. He found my testosterone level was low (215) but doesn't act like that is the cause of the gyno.All the other hormone levels he's check he said were normal. I've been reading that low testosterone level is one of the causes. If it is, how low does it need to be to be considered the cause?

Also, if the endo can't determine the cause, is surgery the solution or will it return after the surgery?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 09:40:54 PM by NetMXer »

Offline RickWalia007

• Posting Member
How old are u?

i did my test it was 337? im trying to get an appointment with an endo to check my estrogen level as well.

Offline RickWalia007

• Posting Member
c17 though i do have a question if my estrogen levels do show high and my thyroid is still above 4.0 and i decide to lower my estrogen and lower thyroid with a prescription drug. Will that help at all? or do you have to go on TRT to lower ur estrogen?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It must be kept in mind that the hormones do not act alone, they interact with each other. For this reason you would not be wise to try and second guess the Endocrinologist.

On the other hand, There are sub-specialties within the field of Endocrinology. If you are seeing a Dr. who specializes in treating diabetics, for example, you may be seeing the wrong Dr. If possible, you would be best seeing an Endocrinologist who specializes in reproductive issues.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024