Author Topic: Rate me, advice needed  (Read 2645 times)

Offline mortis

• Posting Member
Hey guys, haven't posted here in a while but let me give you a quick background before you see the picture. I'm 16 years old, my gyno developed when I was about 14 on the right side, and these two and a half years have seemed like an eternity. I'm fully aware of this condition's life-sucking abilities and have suffered enough already even though I've seen a lot worse than mine. Despite severity though it still affects everyone who has it. I'm never seen with a shirt of and I usually wear hoodies to cover up and I'm always uncomfortable around girls.

Now this condition has screwed me up enough psychologically but I'm not going to let it stomp on my dreams. I really want to be an MMA fighter (like UFC for those of you who don't know). I've started working out to try to get in shape to start but there's one thing holding me back. As you know, fighters don't wear shirts which is obviously a problem and I'm afraid to go to a gym. Basically, my question is how bad do you think mine is and do you think surgery will correct it enough for me to be seen frequently without a shirt off and no one notice? Thanks for your input in advance, I appreciate it.

Picture link:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7553/megzj1.jpg

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Honestly man, our opinion means squat.  It obviously bothers you, otherwise you wouldn't be here.  It looks like there may be some gland on the right side because your left side looks fine.  You should really get checked out by a GP though if you haven't already.  I don't even think that matters because you seem well aware of something there that is bothering you.

So I'll tell you what everyone else gets:  Get surgery or live with it until you can get surgery.  You're right, your case isn't as bad as many other guys.  But neither was mine and I got surgery to deal with it.  I'm still not completely happy because of a little extra gland being left behind.  So do your research to decide what's right for you.  Personally,  I believe surgery would benefit you.  But it's all about how you feel.

Know the risks involved with surgery, find a good surgeon, and save up coin or get help from your parents to pay for it.  If you do decide to go the surgery route, really find a good surgeon.  Otherwise, you may be looking at revisions and/or a bad job.

Good luck.
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline rage.against.the.machine

• Bronze Member
I agree with the others encouraging you to work out, however, I would not reccomend doing MMA.  It is one of the most dangerous sports out there, and you may feel invinsible now, but wait till you have to fight, knowing that at any moment, you could be wrestled to the ground and have one of your limbs broken, or to suffer such a strong hit to the head that your ear looks like this http://fiveouncesofpain.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/61214.jpg

, and their is always the risk of developing a speech impetiment from the large amount of hits to the head you would have sustained.  Sure, MMA, Boxing, and all martial arts are a great way to stay in shape, to discipline yourself and to be able to defend yourself, I would know, but on the other hand, I do not believe that human beings are physically capable of taking part in full contact fights on a routine basis.

Good luck, get surgery, it will change your life (or so I've heard.)

Offline mortis

• Posting Member
I'm aware of the risks of fighting and I just started working on getting in shape, so take it easy on me :P. Thanks for the input though.

Offline rage.against.the.machine

• Bronze Member
I'm aware of the risks of fighting and I just started working on getting in shape, so take it easy on me :P. Thanks for the input though.
No problem :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024