Author Topic: New guy here...how bad is my case? (pics included)  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Dider11

• Posting Member
Im 21, 6'1, 183 lbs. Have always been the "skinny kid" and thats fine with me but I would almost rather be overweight with this problem.... :-\. I was just hoping to get some feedback from you guys, like how severe is my case? Im pretty active, I try to lift but that doesn't seem to help. Im fairly athletic, I play soccer and basketball Intramurals and love to go skiing. Im trying really hard to stay positive but its tough man..its tough. Im praying Ill have this surgery behind me by the end of march. Thanks everyone for you help and support.

heres a link to my pics...http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/tt209/Dider11/

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Hello Mate

It's definitely not severe but you have it.

You'll get a good result from surgery so I'd go for it. I lived with it for way too long so I know the feeling...... ;)

Best of luck
Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

Offline Dider11

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply bub, the surgeon also said it would be an "easy fix" because I'm in decent shape but I dont know..My biggest fear would be to have to go back a year later to get ANOTHER surgery

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
It's normal to have that worry dude but all you can do is minimize that risk.... and that means getting the right guy for the job!  8)

How much experience has your surgeon got with gyne?
What are his before and after pics like?
Research this site - good and bad comments on the surgeon
How does he does the procedure? Lipo/incision?
Etc etc

From going though it myself recently I can tell you that if you get the right surgeon you WILL get a good result - especially as you are in good shape already. My advice, find the very best surgeon you can, pay whatever it takes ... and live the rest of your life without gyne. Only been 6 weeks for me but it's brilliant!  ;D

Offline dondante

• Gold Member

Offline Dider11

• Posting Member
You do not have gynecomastia. Your chest is normal.

If you want nipple reduction surgery, maybe, but the nips look to be in the normal range.

Do you wish or hope to somehow have gynecomastia?

Maybe I'm looking at the photos wrong. I don't see any breasts at all. I'm confused as to what you think is wrong with your chest. If you have gyno, then doesn't everyone have gyno?

Ha In no way shape or form would I ever wish to have gynecomastia..I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemies! But I can feel small lumps in my breasts. I have been to the doctor, had a ultrasound and mamagram. The radiologist told me that there was a small mass located behind the nipple. I think that feeling the need to get a mamorgram/ultrasound (horrible experience by the way) is alone enough cause for concern. But you guys honestly don't think there's any sign of gynecomastia?? I've been battling this for a few years now, I lose weight - no change, gain weight - no change. I weighed 165 lbs 2 summers ago and my chest looked exactly the same. In addition, I do have some pain from time to time directly behind my nipples. I understand that while my case may be less severe than some members on this site, it still affects me on a daily basis.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:12:32 AM by Dider11 »

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
That's that then Dider11, the experts have spoken - you'll have to live with it for the rest of your life!  ::)

Whatever!  ;D

Dude, you know you have it and the doc says you have it (I can see it too.) It may not be as extreme as some, but if it's affecting your quality of life then get it sorted. Only you can make that call......

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024