Author Topic: Two years after surgery and need revision...  (Read 2642 times)

Offline scope

• Posting Member
I had surgery with Dr Fielding about two years ago. The surgery went fine, no hemorrhage and did not bother to take any medicine as there was no pain. However, after a few months my nipples were still flat and sunken and the doctor didn't properly cut on the edge of my areola, leaving a semi circle skin coloured ring on the inner edge of the areola.  I still can't take off my shirt. Dr Fielding said that the incision line will disappear and the nipples won't be sunken after a year but nothing has changed.

I don't know what to do now. He is a nice doctor and I am not sure if I would want revision of him as from what I've seen he did not do a procedure to flatten the chest properly and was off on the incision. I paid approximately $1200 for this surgery which was my entire savings. This has made me uncomfortable as I am an athlete who goes to the gym and refused many encounters because of this. I am willing to get a loan just to have this revision with a much more experienced doctor in America. But still, I am not sure. I really do not want to risk anything right now. I will post pictures soon.

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Your nipple is sunken in?
I have the same situation with the scar line from the exicsion.. I put scar cream on mine.. but it doesn't really do much.
Its not very noticiable for me though, only if I was to tell someone i had a surgery. and they'll try to make notice of it.

Don't go to the states if your tight on money. Surgeries are much more expensive there, since its expected.

I actually had a revision with fielding and he actually cut out some of the scar tissue for me and he had the revision done for me for free with no hospital charges either.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I am willing to get a loan just to have this revision with a much more experienced doctor in America.

First of all, JCF does well in excess of 150 G surgeries per year. Plenty of 'experience' there my man.

And what makes you think that there are any docs in the US that have 'much more' experience that Doc Fielding?

I will post pictures soon.

So.... where are the pics dude?

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024