Author Topic: Weight loss - The real way  (Read 4367 times)

Offline Twinturbo120

There's no secrets to this. There's no special food for this. There's no gym required. In fact you already have a gym. Your house =) (or apartment) is your gym. There's three (3) things you have to have before losing weight. Time,Dedication,and Motivation. That's it. Most of you already know this but the best way to start getting healthy is water. Yup, water. When you drink water your helping out your liver and your kidneys. This helps you when you eat because instead of the liver doing all the work, the kidneys can help to because of the intake of water your having. Without drinking a lot of water your liver works harder thus not helping you burn fat easier. That's why you should drink a lot of water.

Running is a really good thing because it gets your heart pumping and at the same time you burn some calories and fat. Don't expect weight loss quickly either, it's never quick that's all propaganda. After a couple of months (I'd say 3) your going to start seeing results. What you need to do is start drinking water until your urine turns white. Make sure to have your urine white before working out, it'll make it less stressful and you'll feel hydrated. Food is a bigger problem for some of us but let me tell you something. You don't need to eat special foods. You can eat WHATEVER you want but not in a large portion. Still, make sure you do eat your fruits and veggies those are really good for you. If you can buy some whey protein, the more protein is in your body the more efficient you burn fat. I have workout plans but I'll only post about it if this sounds good to you. What do you say?

Offline pr0digy

• Posting Member
 After a couple of months (I'd say 3) your going to start seeing results. What you need to do is start drinking water until your urine turns white. Make sure to have your urine white before working out, it'll make it less stressful and you'll feel hydrated. Food is a bigger problem for some of us but let me tell you something. You don't need to eat special foods. You can eat WHATEVER you want but not in a large portion. Still, make sure you do eat your fruits and veggies those are really good for you. If you can buy some whey protein, the more protein is in your body the more efficient you burn fat. I have workout plans but I'll only post about it if this sounds good to you. What do you say?

I have to disagree with you on a couple of points, I'm afraid.

If you jump straight into it,

Your urine should be very clear, not white  :o. And make sure you eat something before drinking water- it'll just go straight through you if you have an empty stomach

Agree on being hydrated before working out. Drink plenty of fluid whilst working out as well.
This isn't proven, but it works for me- Do plenty of sit ups, and you'll feel less hungry. I find myself naturally tensing my abdominal muscles more often, which helps to decrease the volume of food I eat before feeling full (my stomach doesn't expand). It's worked for me for the past couple of weeks, and I've lost about 3 lbs in this week just gone from doing 40 minutes of light exercise a day.

If you take protein, that'll just bulk you up. Henry the VIIIth was one large mofo, and he used to eat tonnes of meat for breakfast etc. (Not the best example, I know). It won't help burn fat directly. If you build muscle with the protein you take, then it'll help by increasing your rest metabolism etc.

Whatever you do, DON'T crash diet. I used to do this in college- not eat anything, just drink plenty of water, until 4pm, where I'd have a bowl of cereal. And then something at tea. It might work for the first couple of weeks, but it then grinds your metabolism to a halt, and you'll feel cold for most of the day. You'll also feel nutrionally starved, and you'll end up binge eating after a while- the fat you take in will be put on much quicker.

Go ahead with posting your workout routine
Had gyno for the best part of 8 (awful) years
Surgery on Monday 20th July. Never felt so happy in my life!

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
 After a couple of months (I'd say 3) your going to start seeing results. What you need to do is start drinking water until your urine turns white. Make sure to have your urine white before working out, it'll make it less stressful and you'll feel hydrated. Food is a bigger problem for some of us but let me tell you something. You don't need to eat special foods. You can eat WHATEVER you want but not in a large portion. Still, make sure you do eat your fruits and veggies those are really good for you. If you can buy some whey protein, the more protein is in your body the more efficient you burn fat. I have workout plans but I'll only post about it if this sounds good to you. What do you say?

Your urine should be very clear, not white  :o. And make sure you eat something before drinking water- it'll just go straight through you if you have an empty stomach

Agree on being hydrated before working out. Drink plenty of fluid whilst working out as well.
This isn't proven, but it works for me- Do plenty of sit ups, and you'll feel less hungry. I find myself naturally tensing my abdominal muscles more often, which helps to decrease the volume of food I eat before feeling full (my stomach doesn't expand). It's worked for me for the past couple of weeks, and I've lost about 3 lbs in this week just gone from doing 40 minutes of light exercise a day.

If you take protein, that'll just bulk you up. Henry the VIIIth was one large mofo, and he used to eat tonnes of meat for breakfast etc. (Not the best example, I know). It won't help burn fat directly. If you build muscle with the protein you take, then it'll help by increasing your rest metabolism etc.

Whatever you do, DON'T crash diet. I used to do this in college- not eat anything, just drink plenty of water, until 4pm, where I'd have a bowl of cereal. And then something at tea. It might work for the first couple of weeks, but it then grinds your metabolism to a halt, and you'll feel cold for most of the day. You'll also feel nutrionally starved, and you'll end up binge eating after a while- the fat you take in will be put on much quicker.

White urine? Sounds fantastic, like something out of a good LSD trip.

Pr0digy, I will have to disagree with your disagreement of one point. Having something to eat right before drinking water is a very bad idea: the water dilutes the digestive acids which are trying to break down the food, leading to more acid production and wasted nerve energy. Drinking water on an empty stomach is ideal - but don't gulp it down, sip it, regularly. Gulping it causes it to rush straight through you, and may cause dazzlingly white urine if drank fast enough.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline Twinturbo120

Yea sorry I meant clear lol but you that's basically it. Running is nice to. But I also suggest running everyday if not every 3 times a week.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024