Author Topic: $7000 for surgery  (Read 3500 times)

Offline Ready for a change

• Posting Member
I have a case of puffy nipples and have been wanting surgery for a while. Ive been to 3 PS one gave me a price of 2000 the other 4500 and 7000. I really felt comfortable with the last PS but isnt 7000 a bit high

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
Its slightly above average. I would say average is more $6000ish for the top Plastic Surgeons around.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
yes it's high.  usually if you're paying that it's because of a more expensive urban location.  if you're willing to travel, you can usually save yourself pretty big buck$.  if your case isn't severe you might be able to swing closer to 4.  and that's usually a total cost, including anesthesia etc, of which the surgeon's fee is only part. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
I paid $5000 for my first surgery back in 2002. I had the equivalent of a c cup removed. When my gyne came back, I went to the exact same doctor for another quote. I figured since the case I have now isn't anywhere near what I had the first time, (not even close) the price wouldn't be as steep. Well, I was quoted the same price I paid to have a much more severe case fixed. When I questioned the doctor about it, he said " The price is based on operating room time, surgeons fee, and anethesia." I guess by that he meant it takes just as much time to operate on a severe case as it does a mild one? Or is this guy bulls**itting me? Just doesn't seem to make sense to me. Does this sound right to any of you guys? I almost wish my case was worse now, seems hard to justify another $5000 to fix a much smaller problem.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
was there a difference in place location?  it's true the difference in severity makes only a relatively small difference in the actual costs. 

Offline Ready for a change

• Posting Member
How did you guys pay for the cost of your surgery?

Offline beautiful_mind

• Posting Member
Mine cost $7,000 and it was a mild case. I paid it all from my poor pocket. Regret what I have done? Nope and never ever will I.

Quote from:  PBC
I paid $5000 for my first surgery back in 2002. I had the equivalent of a c cup removed. When my gyne came back, I went to the exact same doctor for another quote. I figured since the case I have now isn't anywhere near what I had the first time, (not even close) the price wouldn't be as steep. Well, I was quoted the same price I paid to have a much more severe case fixed. When I questioned the doctor about it, he said " The price is based on operating room time, surgeons fee, and anethesia." I guess by that he meant it takes just as much time to operate on a severe case as it does a mild one? Or is this guy bulls**itting me? Just doesn't seem to make sense to me. Does this sound right to any of you guys? I almost wish my case was worse now, seems hard to justify another $5000 to fix a much smaller problem.

I'm curious what caused the recurrence to your G? I hate to have to go through the process once again, let alone paying a bundle of money.

Offline GrandMstrBud

• Bronze Member
$7000 is high, but you need to ask yourself why you feel the most comfortable with him, and of course how important the money is to you actually.  In my case, I went to a Dr. that charges $2700.  I knew his reputation from this forum.  I went to see him.  I felt comfortable because of many very positive reviews.  Did he personally make me comfortable?  Well, not really.  He didn't make me uncomfortable, but he wasn't the friendly, hold your hand, make you feel better kind of guy.  If I would not have talked to people who had surgery with him, I might have not gone to him, and instead gone to a guy that was friendly and sold me real well, which could have been a disaster, which is what happens all the time here on this forum.  So, my advice is this:  Go to a Dr. who has a good reputation.  Go see a doctor that posts here.  A guy like Jacobs or Bermant, has the experience to get it right, for the price that you were offered by the Dr. you saw.  If you are going to spend that kind of money, might as well go for guys that we know about, and who you can research and really get to feel comfortable with.  But if you want to spend less, be aware that great Dr.'s are out there that do cost less, and they can get it done for you also.

If you are a college educated dude working a nice job, making a decent living, then that amount is ok to spend on something like this.  In this case, analyze why you are comfortable, and if you are satisfied with that, based off good research, then hell man, do it.

If you are a struggling college student, then this amount may not be ok for you.

The salesman factor also has to come into play.  Maybe he just had a good personality or looked experienced, but from we have seen from these boards, a  lot of guys have thought the same thing, and gotten garbage surgeries.

Once thing I will say though, is get the surgery.  It will change your life!

Hi, which doctor charges 2700 that you went to? I'd like to know who and if there are any reviews. I really want to get this taken care as I've had it as long as I can remember and not a day goes by where I don't notice them and get depressed about it. There's no way I can afford over 5,000 for this but I don't want a doctor with no experience to do it either.

Offline Santos05

• Posting Member
dam 7 k i spent 5200 on my surgery .. and man was it worth every penny.
Santos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024