Author Topic: Mild Case- surgery worth the risks? (PICS)  (Read 3445 times)

Offline JohnQuincyAdams

Hi,

I have slight puffy nipples gynecomastia that I'm seriously thinking of getting removed surgically. I have some consultations booked, but I wanted to get a patient-side opinion of the surgery beforehand. My main concerns are that I'll end up with scars (I have darker skin), craters, that there will be some random complication, etc, which seeing as my case is rather mild, will cause me to be worse off then where I started. Wondering if anyone who has had the surgery would like to alleviate (or justify) my fears and if they would get the surgery if they were in my shoes.

http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/ae38/JohnQuincyAdams/

Before you even ask - yes there is definitely a gland there - its a distinct and rubbery disk of tissue that is somewhat mobile under the nipple, it sort just sits there on top of the muscle and feels like its held in place by nothing other than the tautness of the skin. From what I can tell, classic glandular gynecomastia.

Offline kingboob

You will have scars from surgery... it is impossible not to have a scar. The question is where, how big and how bad the scar would be.............. if you have had any previous injuries or surgery that would give you a good idea what your skin scars like............................... 

Only you can decide if it is worth the risk - but with such a small problem?  I would think extremely carefully about it first,  you could swap one *issue* for another, and as your chest basically looks normal right now you have to ask yourself how you would feel if you ended up with a thick raised scar around the nipple or cratering etc.

Offline moobydo

• Posting Member
If I were you, I wouldn't do it. You look fine. There are millions of guys out there with nipples bigger than yours.  IF you start to accumulate fat in your chest in the future and your profile starts to change, i.e. you develop real moobs (which you DON'T have now - don't even worry) then maybe then, but not before. So, if you're able to get it out of your mind, then do so and get on out there to the beach while its still summer! 

Offline pr0digy

• Posting Member
You need to ask yourself the questions

If it doesn't bother you in any way in everday life, then don't get it done
If it bothers you, then get it done. I'm sure you'd rather be care-free and have a few scars
Had gyno for the best part of 8 (awful) years
Surgery on Monday 20th July. Never felt so happy in my life!

Offline JohnQuincyAdams

Thanks for the replies,

I'm not sure the pictures really do it justice (think it was cold in that room). Though the 3rd pic, in my opinion, definitely does show something abnormal. I even asked a few people, including my sister, if they noticed anything out of the ordinary with my chest area, and all agreed; my nipples protrude significantly more than what's normal for a guy, especially one who is relatively skinny. This, however, is besides the point; I have been aware of it since I was 14 have thought about it ad nauseam 'till now, at 21. I have no intentions or ambitions to look like a model (I would have wandered into a gym once or twice by now if I did) I just want to get it off my mind. Anyways, I have no intention of making a serious decision until I've consulted a number of surgeons and conferred with my family.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:50:06 PM by JohnQuincyAdams »

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
hey johnny guess what the other guys are saying is right! only u can decide wether to go through with it i am very similar to u i just want to wear tight t shirts or normal t shirts and not see nipples sticking out. i think i have a slightly worse case than u but nothing major.

many people have commented on my gyne! and pinch my nipples through shirts over the years in bars and clubs wich i have got into trouble over, think over the years this has built up my anger towards it as family members say they dont notice it. wether i believe them or not is another thing.

i have been to a few surgeons a very good one and am waiting on money but before the end of the year i lill be making the decision myself. i also think i would trade some scars, scars are manly.

just wanted to say my thoughts

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024