Author Topic: Traumatic accident, Hospitalization, and Medications  (Read 2697 times)

Offline myhusband

My husband was in a traumatic construction accident 8 months ago.  His legs were crushed and he spent a month in the hospital.  He has had 8 surgeries several blood transfusions and was on 14 medications when he came home.  He has gained about 50 pounds since the accident due to his being immobilized for an extended period of time, but now he is exercising regularly and seems to be loosing some weight.  His gyne seems to be getting worse instead of better.  I read somewhere that there are several medications that can cause swollen breasts.  My question is, if he has stopped taking all the medications will this go away on it's own?  His PCP thought that it might.  His prolactin levels are slightly elevated as were his ALT his kidney level (can't remember the name of it) but renal ultrasound came back normal.  He has been referred to an endocrinologist.  His breasts are much larger than normal as are his nipples. I looked at some pictures here and it seems his condition is much worse than most posters here.   Is there any way that this might go away with some sort of medication, or the damage done?  Is surgery now the only way for him to get past this now?

He was on so many other meds in the hospital, but these are the meds he came home on:

Vitamin C
Citalopram HBR
Diazepam
Docusate Sodium
Enoxaparin Sodium
Ferrous Sulfate
Metroprolol
Oxycodone HCL
Oxycodone HCL SA
Quetiapine Fumarate
Vitamin D
Tylenol

There was also a couple of antibiotics and another heart medication that he was on that I can't remember the name of...

He is only taking the vitamins now.  Hasn't taken most of these medications for several months.

???

Offline DrCALOCA

• Posting Member
    • www.gynecomastiamexico.com
I consider that both the Medications and weignt gain caused Gynecomastia in your husband. Therefore weight loss, exercise and the fact that he is no longer on medications. If 6 months after regular diet and exercise the Gynecomastia does not improve, then I would recommend Surgery. Feel free to email me photos.
Dr.Dr.Jaime Caloca Jr.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
(619) 734-2290 -www.drcaloca.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024