Author Topic: Can I afford this?  (Read 2874 times)

Offline orlando.abascal

• Posting Member
Ok so I am going into my freshman year with 2500 dollars, and am getting financial aid and a 75% paid books and tuition fees, hopefully going for Dr. Pope, and I was wondering like if i would need to take a loan out or anything and how much I need?

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
I don't know what Dr. Pope's costs are specifically, but generally the price range for most surgeons is 6-7K (mine costs 7k). As for a loan, unless your parents are cosigning, you have little chance of getting one. I'd say your best bet is to work alot during freshmen/sophomore year, and try to save at least 6 grand total. Then start realistically thinking about the surgery. 

The other option is talking to your parents now and explaining them the emotional component of this condition and asking them if they'd be willing to help you out with the money. I personally did not go that route, and am doing the surgery completely without telling anyone, but with some parents who are understanding, it sure beats waiting 2-3 years to save the money...

Offline orlando.abascal

• Posting Member
Wow that is great advice, get a job and break my back for two more years.

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
if thats sarcasm, theres really no need to be an ass about it. Unless you can magically raise the money now, there is no better advice...the only other thing you could do is get a loan w/ your parents cosigning. No financing company will give a loan to an 18 yr old w/o a co-signer (believe me, I tried and have great credit).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:00:30 PM by moobsbrah »

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
I don't know what Dr. Pope's costs are specifically, but generally the price range for most surgeons is 6-7K (mine costs 7k). As for a loan, unless your parents are cosigning, you have little chance of getting one. I'd say your best bet is to work alot during freshmen/sophomore year, and try to save at least 6 grand total. Then start realistically thinking about the surgery. 

The other option is talking to your parents now and explaining them the emotional component of this condition and asking them if they'd be willing to help you out with the money. I personally did not go that route, and am doing the surgery completely without telling anyone, but with some parents who are understanding, it sure beats waiting 2-3 years to save the money...

im in this same boat!! i'm doin mah shit on my own to.  it sucks!!  i have an appt next wed. but they charge $4500 just for liposuction and i think i need mah glands cut cause i have massive gyno so it's goin to be way more than that  but i have 6 thousand saved!!  i don't wanna spend that much took me a long ass time to get that much yah kno!
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024