Author Topic: gynecomastia gone bad! please help!  (Read 6259 times)

Offline sam82

hello, i live in maryland and i have a major concern.  about a year and a half ago i went to costa rica to get a gynecomastia surgery done.  it was cheaper and now i know why!  what a bad choice!  first of all, i went to a doctor and he said he couldn't do anything about it because the area was infected (had liquid leaking out of the areola and forming a crust) so i went to an internal medicine doctor and got that taken care of.  secondly, when i push on my right areola i can feel that there is a crater under my areola.  thirdly, my areola is still large and now i have scars right around the edge of both of my areolas.  i think they are called hypertrophic scars.  fourthly, i have times where the areas around my areolas itch like crazy, especially where the scars are.  why is that?

is it possible for me to get a revision surgery to get rid of the scars for good and to reduce the size of my areolas?  i am just asking for a normal looking chest.... i cant even take my shirt off anymore....

are there any doctors out there that can help me?! 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Can you post some pics dude?

Having the incision area still itchy after a year and a half doesn't sound right to me.

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline kev

• Bronze Member
  • Hey - my face is up HERE!  Talk to ME.
Hi there

You said you had some problems before the surgery and after and this would indicate that, plastic surgery aside, you need to get a purely medical assessment of the area first of all.

Good luck!
Bilateral Excision April 1994; Revision September 1999.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024