Author Topic: DO i have a reason to feel selfconscious?  (Read 4603 times)

Offline hello84

• Posting Member
i went to the hormone doctor and i also showed a doctor who is a friend and they both say that this isnt really a big issue and it doesnt look bad at all. I have had this for 5 years now and havent gone swimming or to the lake or beach since then, only a couple of times per year do i ever swim. can you guys tell me if i should get surgery or just work out and get bigger muscles? does my chest look fine?

DrBermant

i went to the hormone doctor and i also showed a doctor who is a friend and they both say that this isnt really a big issue and it doesnt look bad at all. I have had this for 5 years now and havent gone swimming or to the lake or beach since then, only a couple of times per year do i ever swim. can you guys tell me if i should get surgery or just work out and get bigger muscles? does my chest look fine?

Subtle Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia can cause a great deal of emotional stress.  You can listen to some of the emotional component of living with gynecomastia on this video

I take care of many bodybuilders with gynecomastia, you can see a few examples of patients I have treated here on this Bodybuilding and Gynecomastia Picture Gallery. Most complain that with bodybuilding, what sits on top of the muscle gets pushed further out.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline zazzy

• Posting Member
its luks ok from front view.... u rekon ur case is worse than mine? [check my pics].. wats ur age?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 05:11:51 AM by zazzy »

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
question to hello 84, does ur nipples stick out in a tshirt? i can see the nipples look puffy but i personally wouldnt bother with the surgery unless u can see it through a t shirt.

it depends really on how u feel about it? no one can answer that question for u, but me personally if u look ok in a tshirt and no one can notice. what is there to worry about. males will always have differnent shape and size nipples there is no set size.

i guess u wouldnt be on this site if it wasnt bothering u so maybe talk to ur doctor or a family member would prob be better.

good luck

Offline hello84

• Posting Member
when i stick my chess out a little or if the wind is blowing at me or when i do bench presses, then u could see the puffy nipples. i just want to go to the beach and swim every summer and my parents tell me to go but im like no.. its sucks soo much. idk if its mental or what.

im 17 had this since 12
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 08:12:59 PM by hello84 »

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
it sounds as if u do have a problem in ur mind then if u are thinking those things. id be quite happy with ur chest mine is worse than urs and alot of the people on this site would be.but i cant or no one should say its not a big deal im sure if u walked along the beach u would see alot worse cases than urs try it. the only other thing is maybe visit a doctor or tell a close relative.

i chose a family member and a friend it was very hard to tell someone but it worked out for me. both people i told couldnt understand why i was so worried about it.but still glad i told them as it can be stressful dealing with things on ur own.

good luck

Offline Jaxed23

• Posting Member
Dont even bother and think about surgery and all that, you look perfectly fine. Put some muscle on and in no time ladies will be talking about your guns not nips!  :)

Offline thetodd

nah he does have a point, there is always risks in surgery ... even death

You even see some gyne horror stories on here, but at the end of the day i was prepared to take that risk! Personally i didnt have puffy nipples so i cant comment on that front. If i was in your shoes, no i wouldnt get the surgery i think you look fine!

I dont see why your so anti surgery titmouse, their are loads of great gyne surgeons out there now!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline thetodd

i agree with you that surgery has its risks, i said that previously

And i dont think this lad needs surgery! The risk factor if you go to a decent surgeon is very very low ... and for me it was well worth the gamble. The reason you get slagged off is the way you talk to people on here, like just because youve got a big case of gyne, then everyone else's is in their head

it comes across as

no no, you dont have gyne I DO

Well some lads do have gyne and want surgery to get it fixed, theres no need to be so negative towards the surgery. Thats their choice and you have a go at people responding saying they THINK its gynecomastia. You just bite off eveyones hand off who reccomends surgery! Surgery is a viable option ... and theres loads of proof of it on the forum

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Well some lads do have gyne and want surgery to get it fixed, theres no need to be so negative towards the surgery. Thats their choice and you have a go at people responding saying they THINK its gynecomastia. You just bite off eveyones hand off who reccomends surgery! Surgery is a viable option ... and theres loads of proof of it on the forum

No matter what the severity, it all results in the same mental anguish...

From slightly puffy areolas to full-figured breasts, it's all the same mind twisting psychological BS!

If someone wants surgery, who are we to to say otherwise! However, those who are contemplating surgery, must be fully aware of the potential risks...

GB...

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
Word up.

titmouse - I think it's great that you're comfortable with yourself, but you've got a huge set of knockers. I'd get the surgery in a heart beat if I had those. I guess I'm just THAT insecure about being a man with hooters.

hello84 - You have a nice chest. If the nipples bother you a lot then go for the surgery dude! Only you can decided that. I have puffy nips and small little titties, but I'm going through with it. I guess you have to ask yourself, assuming the surgery goes well... are you going to regret it? The answer is no for me. Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024