Author Topic: Two Doctors in Northern Virginia  (Read 6457 times)

Offline Enmend54

• Posting Member
Hey there let me start off by saying im so happy i found this website makes me feel a little more comfortable about my condition...

Anyways, I'm 16 and my parents have agreed to pay for my surgery which im so greatfull for I've had gyno since I was 12ish, Beginning of Middle School so im assuming its because of Puberty.

I found two doctors so far.

1. Dr. George Bitar
2. Dr. Stephen X. Giunta

Does anyone here have ANY information on them? They both say that they do Lipo and a Incesion (spell check) but both their prices seem really cheap, their quote online No more than 5,000. Not sure if its different when you actaully meet them like Dr. Bermant where it is actaully around 6,000 as oppose to 2,800$ on his website. AGain if anyone has any information it would make things alot easier on me.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i had my surgery done almost 3 yrs back with Dr. Saeed Marefat .. he is very good.... his websitr is www.drmarefat.com

Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline Enmend54

• Posting Member
i had my surgery done almost 3 yrs back with Dr. Saeed Marefat .. he is very good.... his websitr is www.drmarefat.com

He looks pretty legit :] I'm gonna check him out thanks a bunch dude... Right now i just want to get a list of good doctors not gonna have my consultion with any untill Jan-10-17.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
no problem....his consults are free, do chekc him out.... good luck...

Offline Enmend54

• Posting Member

If you dont mind me asking, how much did the surgery cost you? Doesnt really mention a price on his site. Does it depend on how bad the person has it? (Minimal, Mild, and Severe Gynecomastia) Cause I have "Mild" which sure doesnt feel Mild :/

Offline desi

• Gold Member

If you dont mind me asking, how much did the surgery cost you? Doesnt really mention a price on his site. Does it depend on how bad the person has it? (Minimal, Mild, and Severe Gynecomastia) Cause I have "Mild" which sure doesnt feel Mild :/

~5300 (dont remember exactly) including hospital/anestesia/2 garments and this was 3 yrs back. i think it depends on your case..... so dr marefat and his staff would be the best ones to let you know how much..

Offline Enmend54

• Posting Member
lol one last question Desi... Did he remove Fat and Glands? And how did he approach the surgery for you (if he told you that) In advance thanks for the help dude you just made the road to Jan10ish alot easier on me. :) :) :) :)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
lol one last question Desi... Did he remove Fat and Glands? And how did he approach the surgery for you (if he told you that) In advance thanks for the help dude you just made the road to Jan10ish alot easier on me. :) :) :) :)

ur welcome buddy. he told me he would make 4 incisions (2 for lipo and 2 for gland excision) but he also told me he would like to attack the problem with more incisions if necessary. ask him as many questions as you like, knowing as i know him, he has a lot of patience and good confidence about his technique.

do let me know how all goes and feel free to ask any questions you may have..... :-)

Offline godspeed

• Posting Member
Iv been searching for a Dr. Nova to do my revision.  I had a consult with Bitar not to long ago and did not feel comfortable with him at all.  He seemed kinda clueless to me so i did some research on him when i got home and found he had a lawsuit not to long ago and lost.  I then set up a consult with Dr. Tavallali in annandale which is right up the street from Bitar and this guy was very humble and was a lot more knowledgeable imo.  

The thing that bothered me with Bitar is he kept pushing me get the surgery and even wrote me a Dr. note to get blood work ect done right away and even had his staff call me constantly to set up a surgery date.  I dont like to be pressured and Dr. Tavallali was very nice as was his staff and didnt once did i feel pressured.  Im gonna get one more consult with a Dr in DC that a girl i know used Dr. Ruff.  Be patient and really ask as many questions as possible.  Good luck and i hope you find the right the Dr.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:44:02 AM by godspeed »

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Just an opinion, but I think you and your parents should strongly reconsider going with Bermant. He's pretty much "The Man" when it comes to gynecomastia surgery, and he lives in your state! +/- a few thousand dollars is NOTHING in the scope of your lifetime. For some perspective, you could spend several hundred thousand dollars over 4 years for college. You'll pay thousands on car insurance every single year. You're investing in your body, your psyche. Think about it like amortizing the surgery cost over every year of your life...

Anyway, sounded like you had ruled out Bermant because of price, and I'd strongly urge you to reconsider.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024