Author Topic: nolvadex?  (Read 3473 times)

Offline dlrs44

• Posting Member
Hi,

I've seen a few reports that this drug Nolvadex, while normally given to female breast cancer sufferers, may help for gynecomastia by cutting estrogen flows.  It's a prescription drug, and it seems unlikely that a normal doctor would prescribe it for this purpose... But I really want to avoid surgery and it seems that the pills like 'diet aid of questionable value' are nothing more than diet pills that won't do anything for real gynecomastia (I am thin, in shape and athletic, don't need to lose weigh, just this damned glandular breast tissue that I'm constantly self-conscious about).  So does anyone have any experiences/knowledge in regard to Nolvadex and its impact on gynecomastia?

Thanks

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
Sorry bud, if it's true gyno surgery is your only option.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
For the most part, once gyne (in particular, breast tissue) is established, there are no drugs or medications that will magically melt it away.

It is theoretically possible that Nolvadex might have been of help during the time that you were in process of developing gyne -- but you probably would not have recognized it at the time until it became big enough to be concerned -- and then it would be too late for the medication.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline MonkeyPolo

• Posting Member
Hi dlrs44,

Save and go for the surgery.

I have tried Nolvadex, Letrazole, I've researched all the options for years in attempt to avoid surgery.
These stuff won't get rid of the tissue.

Letrozole (may) temporarily shrink it just a little, but it's not a treatment for Gyno.

I am trying to get my surgery done soon.
Good luck!

Offline MonkeyPolo

• Posting Member
I am also (thin "more muscular", in shape and athletic) by the way.
Abs and all that stuff.

Stupid Gyno is that 1 little thing that messes up all your hard work on your Body.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It is unfortunately true that there are Doctors out there who will write you a prescription for almost anything you might want.

As Dr. Jacobs pointed out, The event that caused your Gynecomastia is probably in the past so any attempt to cure the situation is very much too late.

Using drugs such as you have mentioned have very little chance of making things any better but drugs used without competent medical oversight could certainly make things worse.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:01:12 AM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024