Author Topic: Surgery Done on 9th Jan! 24 years well waited...:-)  (Read 3228 times)

Offline gynoland

Hi people

This site changed my life! No doubt it...

I had an abnormal chest since 12-13 i guess.

And in my teens the condition only intensified i got puffy nipples as well(God i hated my nipples)
Till then have faced countless embarrassments, harsh comments and above all i started hating my body.
And lol the funny part is I was devoutly religious back then and I used to think like God hates me etc the usual stuff. ;D
I kinda regained my senses in my twenties and stopped worrying about my body and concentrated in other stuff and
I reduced my weight from 96 to 85 kilos. But still my gyne won't hide! :-[
I'm 24 now and i came across this site 2 years before and finally came to know about that there is a name for my condition and there is a considerable number of people with the same condition.
I have been a prolific net user since 15 and it took me 7 years to come across this life saving site!!  :-[
And when I learnt that there is no cure for this other than surgery i got kinda pissed off but felt relived later that I do have a chance at making my condition better.
So i started saving money and finally I had my surgery on 9th January 2010.

The surgeon is Dr Ramachandran Apolllo hosptials Chennai. And thanks a ton to you guys for posting your valuable experiences here.
Otherwise I would have never met this amazing surgeon!
He made all things sound simple to me in the first meet which dissolved all my doubts/apprehensions and I knew from that day I'm in good hands!

Follows a short summary of my experience of the whole procedure.

November 2009:
Met Dr Ramachandran and he confirmed that I do have gyenecomastia
Took hormone test,met endocronolgist. LEvels were normal according to him.
Took X ray, ECG and some blood tests.

Decemeber 2009:
Met surgeon again and booked a date for JAn 9th 2010.

JAn 9th 2010:
Surgery was done in morning.
Got dishcharged in the evening.

Jan 11th 2010:
Drains were removed. Dressing was replaced.

Jan 16th 2010:
Stitches removed.
Got compression belt from doctor  and wearing it for the past 5 hours.

COST:
Surgery -Rs 45000
The doctor used some compound to stop internal bleeding it seems...- Rs 5000 for this
Compression belt: Rs 1200
Xray, ECG , blood tests--- RS 5000 to Rs 6000

I have attached the links to my pre/post op photos below.
Kindly provide your comments. The doctor has stuck some plaster after removing the stitches and i can take only on thursay(4 more days)
Will upload new photos after that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46627014@N06/sets/72157623097698777/

In case your planning to do at Apollo's chennai arrange around RS 55000-60000. This would suffice.
Also I strongly suggest Apollo. The care provided is great.

My heartfelt thanks to all of the members of this forum. Without you guys I would have never done this(Probably never known about this)
And I'm incredibly glad that I did this and I'm happy with the results too.
The last time I checked before removing stitches my nipples were flat enough as i expected.

And I also thank my surgeon who I think has done a great job and people if you are in India I strongly recommend this doctor for you.
The doctor in my first meet said " We cannot promise the moon for you. But we will do our best"
And this may sound cheesy ...He has given a world of happiness to me...
.o
And one more thing people! if anyone of you is reluctant in getting this done please don't feel so.
Disclosing the whole stuff to my family was incredibly hard for me. Saving money was hard too.
But it's all worth it!
If you have any queries about the procedure post them. I would try to answer them happily....And do leave your comments as well... :)

Wheww... Guess my post is too wordy..Apologies... ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:58:41 AM by gynoland »

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
nice results, glad you are happy...looks good!

Offline Lam3

• Posting Member
Wow. That look's really great :). Chest seems fairly flat now.

I'm new to this forum, so just need to ask; What's Rs 45000?

Is that 45 hundred dollars? or.....

Offline gynoland

Thanks for the replies guys :)
I'm happy that you have found the results good as well...

@lam3
It's Indian rupees mate.. Rs45000 is around $ 985...

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
COngrats man!! looks great..  looks like you had a mild gyne..by the way do you live in India? or you came from abroad?
do u have any latest pics especially after removing the stitches

Offline JJ37

• Posting Member
great results so far, as we can see with stitches on ! Send more pics when you get all done !

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024