Author Topic: Gyno or gyyes?  (Read 5373 times)

Offline Wookey

Hey, i just wna know if this is like severe or only like pubertal cuzz im quite confused, shy and concerned so any help will be like appreciated

Offline Concernedinthehead

• Posting Member
I don't think you have gyno at all. You look fine.

Just lose like 10 pounds while eating well and lifting and you'll firm up your chest and abs.

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
looks like you have a mild issue, do some research and explore the site you will learn alot.

Offline WolfParade

• Posting Member
I don't think you have gyno at all. You look fine.

Just lose like 10 pounds while eating well and lifting and you'll firm up your chest and abs.

That is bullshit, you are giving out false information. I had a very similar case to this, and doctors told me I HAD a mild case of gyno. If it bothers him like it often bothered me, I strongly suggest he gets the surgery.

Offline Wookey

i dont want the surgery though, it bothers me yes but what i really want to know is : will it go away eventually? ???

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
from your photos it doesnt look like you gyne to me.
 Unless you are super skinny you arent going to feel your ribs all the way up your torso! ALL humans have SOME muscle/fat/breast tissue in the breast area. If the breast tissue gets excessive in a male,its called gyne. It will resemble a female chest then. I dont think your chest does.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia )

Just My opinion - which you asked for! ::)

For a definitive opinion, get examined by a qualified medical doctor

DrBermant

i dont want the surgery though, it bothers me yes but what i really want to know is : will it go away eventually? ???

Subtle gynecomastia like Puffy Nipples is something many men just do not like. Yes, if the chest contour does not say male, then it is gynecomastia. Even a female breast evolves into a fuller shape. A breast does not become a breast after a certain size. The early stages, the tissue is still called breast tissue. It makes no sense to say you don't have "breasts," just the chest the shape of a pubescent female.  In fact it is a contour issue.

Gland undergoing hormonal stimulation swells and grows. Breast growth, tenderness, and sensitivity are typical Symptoms of Gynecomastia. This is common during puberty. Once that stimulation ceases, the swelling resolves. What gland remains after 2 years typically does not go away.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Concernedinthehead

• Posting Member
That is bullshit, you are giving out false information. I had a very similar case to this, and doctors told me I HAD a mild case of gyno. If it bothers him like it often bothered me, I strongly suggest he gets the surgery.

I am sorry, I should have clarified. I think his case is very small, and if he lost 10 pounds, it probably wouldn't be as noticeable. It looks as if he has some fat around his chest and abdominal area, fat which could be lost with proper training and exercise.

Quote from: DrBermant
It makes no sense to say you don't have "breasts," just the chest the shape of a pubescent female.

But it does make sense to say he doesn't have breasts, even though he may have some breast tissue. It would seem odd, at least from a social perspective, to call every male chest which has breast tissue a breast, considering a majority of males have some breast tissue. Isn't that true? Or, do you consider all chests, breasts, no matter the amount of breast tissue?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 05:28:10 PM by Concernedinthehead »

Offline 91deejay

• Posting Member
If my chest looked like that, I would be satisfied.  I had surgery and it just hasn't turned out the way I wanted it to.  The only thing I see with you is the side view, and even that, to me, doesn't seem too prominent.

Offline JJ37

• Posting Member
Agree again with the doc... for a year or two that happens to teenagers when hormones are exploding...if it persists for >2 years, worth a visit to the doc, but before that, just if you're very anxious. Enjoy your body !

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
wow man, i would be satisfied with your chest.  You have to incorporate some weight lifting into your schedule, specifically the chest.  By the looks of it, you have never really lifted weights.  Do incline bench, pushups, flies, etc and you will look great.

DrBermant

wow man, i would be satisfied with your chest.  You have to incorporate some weight lifting into your schedule, specifically the chest.  By the looks of it, you have never really lifted weights.  Do incline bench, pushups, flies, etc and you will look great.

I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia: a common complaint is as they build up muscle, what sits on top of the muscle just gets pushed out further. Even a small Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia can really distort the cut look of a male contour.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
true.  you can see it best in the third pic.
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

DrBermant

true.  you can see it best in the third pic.

Yes, different views show different problems to different degrees. That is why I evolved my Standard Pictures for Gynecomastia which incorporates multiple views, arms up over the head and flexing muscles to show subtle issues of the male chest contour.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024