Author Topic: My Gyne Pics.  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Unidentified

• Posting Member
Heres my current picture. Im considering surgery. 26yo 226lbs 6 foot 3. BMI = 28.2.
Should I go through with it? Ive lost 30 lbs over the past 6 months and plan on losing more.
I dont think weight loss is going to get rid of the gyne.
any comments?

DrBermant

Heres my current picture. Im considering surgery. 26yo 226lbs 6 foot 3. BMI = 28.2.
Should I go through with it? Ive lost 30 lbs over the past 6 months and plan on losing more.
I dont think weight loss is going to get rid of the gyne.
any comments?

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Does it not feel much better with that weight off?  30 pounds is a lot of weight.

Weight Loss Can help with the fat of gynecomastia, but not the gland. Remaining gland, and sometimes the skin can be residual contour issues.

Weight loss before surgery is usually much better than weight loss after surgery. Weight loss is a coarse tool, Plastic Surgery is better reserved for refinement. This is especially true when tissue sagging is a factor.  Why lift sagging tissue, lose more weight, and see that tissue sag again from further deflation? 

Weight loss and surgical sculpture is a series of compromises. What suites any one individual will vary.  Ideal sequence that I recommend my patients:

• Get to a weight you are comfortable living with.
  • Let the skin adjust as much as it will. It can take from 6 to 18 months for skin equilibration after a gastric bypass and major weight loss.
  • Consider Tightening Lower Tissues First. There is little sense to lift the chest and then have a tummy tuck, lower the chest result, requiring a revision chest lift.
  • Then Address the Chest.
  • Use No Surgery Body Shaping Garments as emotional support not to rush the process.

Bouncing redundant flesh also can be a major emotional factor stressing any patient trying to lose weight.  That is why I posted Videos of Compression Garments dealing with gynecomastia and stabilization.

Options are best explored during an evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
My body looks very similar to you. I was 6 foot 1" and 238 plbs with 38% body fat; Now I am 192plds and 22% body fat and my chest unfortunatley looks pretty much the same. I'm trying to get down to 175 plds and 15 % body fat before I make my final decision.
How old are you? what is you body fat %?
does your condition look worse when the skin loosens up; maybe due to hot temp?
I had lipo 10 years ago and it did nothing.
if you decide on surgery , make sure that the doc does glan removal as well. A must!

Offline Unidentified

• Posting Member
Some more feedback would be appreciated...

@Dr Bermant:
am i a good candidate for surgery? what kind of result could i expect?

@robos111:
Im 26. i dont know know my %. Never noticed much change with temp/humidity.

DrBermant

Some more feedback would be appreciated...

@Dr Bermant:
am i a good candidate for surgery? what kind of result could i expect?

@robos111:
Im 26. i dont know know my %. Never noticed much change with temp/humidity.

Temperature can contract the thin Under Areola / Nipple Muscle to Flatten Puffy Nipples. Such contraction can be lost when there is a great deal of loose skin after weight loss.

We are glad to help you explore your concerns and options during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion. That is the best way to offer specific advice after learning more specifics about patient's medical issues. If interested, Jane is my office manager and can explain the process.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
see how on the 2nd pic on the left side (my left side but it's your right side) how it cuffs a lil!  You'll def. need surgery again man and make sure it's gland this time!  check out my pics.

Fluffy( o )v( o )...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 01:53:13 PM by fluffy_tits »
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline Unidentified

• Posting Member
see how on the 2nd pic on the left side (my left side but it's your right side) how it cuffs a lil!  You'll def. need surgery again man and make sure it's gland this time!  check out my pics.

Fluffy( o )v( o )...

I never had surgery before

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024