Author Topic: Risk of surgery now?  (Read 2064 times)

Offline lqubano

New guy here, after reading a lot of post in this forum I decided to have the surgery.  I live in NY and it seems that Dr. Elliot is the best guy when it comes to this type of surgery so I will go with the best.  I do have one major problem.  I work as a handyman, lifting and pulling heavy objects from time to time.  I would like to have the surgery right now, but I'm worry that I could end up hurting myself.  Can you guys please tell me what are the risks of doing the kind of job that I do with this type of surgery.  Or should I just wait until August when I go on vacation.

Thanks in advance.

Offline jaima

• Posting Member
I think Dr. Jacobs uses stitches, you could open the wound.  So be careful, why don't you just talk to the good doctor he will inform you better.  Good luck.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Gyne surgery is just like any other surgery -- you have to rest afterwards in order to allow your body to heal.

Many times one can return to sedentary type of work (ie at a desk, on a computer) within days after gyne surgery.  But the type of work you describe would probably not be recommended for a few weeks at least.

Since this is elective surgery, would suggest you utilize your August vacation to heal while away from work. However, it might be wise to see me for a consultation soon -- then you will have a complete idea of what the surgery entails, possible results, etc.  You can then schedule the operation at your convenience.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024