Author Topic: What's the average cost for surgury  (Read 4990 times)

Offline GrandMstrBud

• Bronze Member
I'm 34 and been dealing with this for a good 20 years and I would love to finally get rid of these so I can have a normal life. Not a day goes by where I don't get just a little depressed about this. So my question is what's the average cost to get the surgery done and I would like to find a surgeon close by so I don't have to fly anywhere. I am about 2 1/2 hours from Chicago so that may be the closest to an experienced surgeon. I am 6 1, 195 and no matter how hard I try I can not drop below the 190 mark and yet I still have a stomach and the lovely love handles to go along with it so it would be nice if I could get rid of those also but if I do what are the chances of my stomach, love handles, and gyne to come back? If I have this done will I need to stay in the area for a few days? Does anyone have any experience with any surgeons in the Chicago area?
Thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Removing your excess fat from the abdomen and love handles, in addition to your gyne, is what I call a Torsoplasty.  It is, obviously, a more extensive operation -- longer to do and longer from which to recover. But in the properly selected patient, it can take a good body and make it a great body.

Read more about this procedure on my website:  http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/torsoplasty_1.asp

If you are interested in a free email evaluation, just send me a PM with your name and email address.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I'm 34 and been dealing with this for a good 20 years and I would love to finally get rid of these so I can have a normal life. Not a day goes by where I don't get just a little depressed about this. So my question is what's the average cost to get the surgery done and I would like to find a surgeon close by so I don't have to fly anywhere. I am about 2 1/2 hours from Chicago so that may be the closest to an experienced surgeon. I am 6 1, 195 and no matter how hard I try I can not drop below the 190 mark and yet I still have a stomach and the lovely love handles to go along with it so it would be nice if I could get rid of those also but if I do what are the chances of my stomach, love handles, and gyne to come back? If I have this done will I need to stay in the area for a few days? Does anyone have any experience with any surgeons in the Chicago area?
Thanks

Gynecomastia, Stomach, and Love Handle Reduction contouring can be combined. Fat is a lubrication layer and some fat needs to be left behind or the skin will stick to the deeper body elements. These remaining fat cells can put on more fat and so contour problems can continue. Gynecomastia surgery does not prevent gland regrowth. So the chance of these problems returning depend on if the problem remains stable.

Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated and can vary from surgeon to surgeon and around the world. Other zones of liposuction will add to that cost.

My gynecomastia surgery patients from the Midwest usually stay until the day after surgery. When stomach and flank liposuction is added, the stay needs to be longer for patient safety. The added stay varies depending on the problem to be treated. However, even my patients having my Tumescent Tummy Tuck (a much more extensive abdominal contouring) often travel back home on the sixth day after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
i paid 2700.00 in MA let me know if your interested in my surgeons info. these are my results so far.

Offline GrandMstrBud

• Bronze Member
Thanks, I was hoping to find something around the 2500 range and including flight and hotel. If I went alone would I just take a cab back to the hotel for a day or 2 to recover rather than spend another flight out to wherever I go?

Offline DudeInChiTown

• Posting Member
$2500.00 not in Chicago I did alot of research the price starts around $5000.00 here in Chicago

I need about 1200.00 more then im going to get it down

DeeDubStyle619

the two consultations I went to, I was quoted $6000, and $5500. San Diego

Offline GrandMstrBud

• Bronze Member
i paid 2700.00 in MA let me know if your interested in my surgeons info. these are my results so far.

Where did you go to?

Offline dadz

• Posting Member
I paid about 4k in NYC and that was the most competitive price I found in the area. I'm just under 3 weeks post up so it's hard to judge the results, but it does seem to be coming along and I think I'll be happy. Honestly, prices I found in this area were around 7k for excision of gyne and lipo around the chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024