Author Topic: 7 days post-op Fear of seroma? or hematoma ????? help?  (Read 2735 times)

Offline logical1

hello all, I had my surgery last friday , and so far so good i guess ?
i know im still in the early stages of healing , but my left side looks (really good ) good, but my right side looks ok ? my right side was bigger than my left to begin with . I know for a fact that have a lil more muscle on this side , anyway when i touch my chest around the nipple area i feel kinda hard/ soft in certain spot s ? and my nipple seems to be a little fuller on right side ? i know i had the gland remove becuase the doctors staff showed me all the white stuff after surgery ? I go back to the doctor on monday for removal of stichs , o yeah i had drains in for bout 5days as well. So my question is am i expecting my results to soon ? or do does it seem more like a seroma ? or possible hematoma on this side ?
I cant wait till monday ? to find something out ? any info or help would gladly calm my nerves till monday

thanks, 

DeeDubStyle619

I believe a lot of doctors would tell you, a week is not enough time to even begin evaluating your results. Its gonna take more time to heal.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are much, much too early in the healing process to try to assess the results of your surgery.

Best to visit your surgeon on Monday.  It is actually common for there to be some asymmetry after surgery -- nature does not heal absolutely symmetrically.  What counts is what you will look like down the road -- perhaps 4-6 months from now.

In the meantime, sit back, relax and wait to see your surgeon -- you have nothing to gain at this point except a few gray hairs.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024