Author Topic: Good Surgeon (Medium Price Range) In the Southeast + A Few Questions.  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Lee1190

• Posting Member
I have minor case of gynecomastia and once I get the money to do so I'm going to have surgery done. The cost is the biggest thing holding me back, but I'm willing to give it 6-8 months until I come up with my part of it. Until then I'm going to hit the gym and get to the lowest body fat possible and use this as motivation to get in better shape. I have a few questions though...

1. My mom and dad are willing to pay for two thirds of the money, so I'm going to have to come up with one third of the cost.  How much would a quality gyno sugeon cost? Also, are there any special payment plans some surgeons take?

2. The crater effect has me scared to death. I can deal with scarring, however, my nipples basically inside my chest doesn't sound like too much fun. I want a surgeon that has no history of this whatsoever.

Basically, I want the best surgeon for about a medium ranged price. Thanks!

DrBermant

I have minor case of gynecomastia and once I get the money to do so I'm going to have surgery done. The cost is the biggest thing holding me back, but I'm willing to give it 6-8 months until I come up with my part of it. Until then I'm going to hit the gym and get to the lowest body fat possible and use this as motivation to get in better shape. I have a few questions though...

1. My mom and dad are willing to pay for two thirds of the money, so I'm going to have to come up with one third of the cost.  How much would a quality gyno sugeon cost? Also, are there any special payment plans some surgeons take?

2. The crater effect has me scared to death. I can deal with scarring, however, my nipples basically inside my chest doesn't sound like too much fun. I want a surgeon that has no history of this whatsoever.

Basically, I want the best surgeon for about a medium ranged price. Thanks!

Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery depends on what needs to be done, the experience of the surgeon, and many other factors. Jane is my office manager and can better discuss costs and payment options.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Prevention is the best way not to get a Crater Deformity Defect after bad gynecomastia surgery. I see many such deformities coming from patients having surgery by less experienced surgeons, yet I have never had such a defect on one of my own sculptures. These patients from other surgeons have complained that they regretted trying to save some money or not travel for their surgery. Revision Gynecomastia Surgery is often much more expensive. Not doing it right the first time means accepting the result, paying for an additional operation, and needing a second recovery period.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Surgery for "minor gynecomastia" can be just as tricky and challenging as for large gynecomastia.  It takes a skilled surgeon who has sincere interest and vast experience in treating this condition. 

Everyone has a budget but saving a few bucks should not be the determining factor in choosing a surgeon -- if the surgery turns out poorly, then you will have additional expense as well as anguish in trying to correct it.

I would be pleased to provide an email consultation to you -- for free.  Simply send me your real name and email address in a PM and I will reply to you.

Recommend you lose the weight and get into the best shape that you can -- then get an evaluation with a surgeon.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Lee1190

• Posting Member
Adam

Adam111190@gmail.com

Where are you located? How much will it cost? Will I have to travel back and fourth between where you're located and back?

I have a lot of questions regarding things like that.

Oh, and this is off topic, but is it possible that by pinching and grabbing at the glands may temporarily make them get bigger? I've noticed at times my nipples push out further than others. For example, a week ago the gyno didn't seem nearly as bad as it does today. Why is this?

Offline Lee1190

• Posting Member

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Lee,

I agree with Dr. Jacobs.  Although price for any procedure is certainly important, as one needs to afford it, you don't want to go with the lowest price.  If you read a number of posts on this site, you'll meet a number of men with gyne who have had to undergo revision surgery, as they opted for a surgeon who was not so experienced.  So do your homework and find a board-certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of this type of surgery.

Just like Dr. Elliot, I am happy to provide a consultation via email for free.  In addition, my office offers CareCredit, a financing option endorsed by The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  CareCredit offers 6 and 12 month no-interest financing for people who qualify.

Good luck with your search.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024