Author Topic: Fat or Gyno? How should I attack it?  (Read 4940 times)

Offline roflbbq

• Posting Member
Hey all. I'm 25 years old, 6'3, and about 185lbs. I work out 3x per week in a strength training/powerlifting routine, so I'm pretty physically active although my diet is just so-so. This issue developed in puberty and I was pretty overweight for my height back then. Since I was 13 years old, I grew one foot in height and became "skinny fat" although I'm more fit now - regardless, no matter how much I've stretched out or lost, this problem remains.

Every training website I visit suggests building more muscle and trying to gain quite a bit of weight, then doing a calorie restriction diet to bring down my body fat to around 10% - if the problem remains then, they suggest getting surgery. What does everyone here think? Sounds like their suggestion would take about a year to get to. I'm really getting tired of this problem, and I'm 25 which is too old to still have this issue. Thanks.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3374/20101007051725.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8544/20101007051757.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6008/20101007051830.jpg

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
no amount of working out is gonna get rid of those completely or even reasonably enough for it not to bother you (speaking from experience).... the only real option to get rid of them in your case is surgery... best of luck.

Offline thetodd

thats gyne, losing weight may improve the look slightly but your going to have the moob look no matter what

get surgery while you 25 and your skin has elastisity the longer you leave it the worse the final result will be
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
I agree with what has been said so far. But apart from your nipples that are large, your chest looks ok to me...

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Surgery on your chest should no doubt significantly reduce the diameter of your areolae, which will make your chest look much more masculine.  Breast tissue pushes against the areolar skin, making the diameter much wider.  I agree with thetodd, who has been on this site a long time:  The older you are (older than 40's as a general rule) the less elasticity your skin has.  And the sooner you have the surgery, the sooner you'll be out and about without a shirt on.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline roflbbq

• Posting Member
Hi all. I just had surgery at the Straith Clinic in Michigan. It ended up being mostly an excision with a small amount of lipo. So far, I feel great and have very little pain, although sleeping inclined has been rough since I've been a side-sleeper since I was a kid. Hopefully the results are just as good. Just bumping this thread for now. I'll post pics after it's relevant (when the swelling dies down).

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
Your chest is completely normal. Your nipples are a little larger in diameter than average. The nips don't make your chest more masculine or feminine - they are just a little larger than average. Many men have normal but large nipples - millions of men are exactly like you. Your only problem is that you have found this board, and are being told by certain persons that there is something very wrong about having naturally larger than average nipples, and so of course you now believe there's something wrong with you, which there is not at all.

Offline thetodd

people opinions differ on what warrants surgery but in my opinion if you are diagnosed with gyne afer an examination and it bothers you then get the surgery. Hope the surgery went ok for you try and post some pics up soon

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Congrats on the surgery and remember to take things easy over the next few weeks.

Offline roflbbq

• Posting Member
Your chest is completely normal. Your nipples are a little larger in diameter than average. The nips don't make your chest more masculine or feminine - they are just a little larger than average. Many men have normal but large nipples - millions of men are exactly like you. Your only problem is that you have found this board, and are being told by certain persons that there is something very wrong about having naturally larger than average nipples, and so of course you now believe there's something wrong with you, which there is not at all.

All due respect, that really isn't the case. I knew this was a huge problem long before I discovered this board. Maybe the photos don't illustrate this enough, but I can't really wear a shirt that's my actual size without appearing feminine. Kids in school would point it out to me, and I didn't need any sort of disinformation to tell me it was a problem.

The doc said he removed a considerable amount of gland, and after taking a look under my vest today I can see that he was right. There is a HUGE difference, however there's still some swelling so I won't post pics quite yet. Thanks for the support, all.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024