Author Topic: Would Lipo Only Be Satisfactory For My Case? [PICS]  (Read 4298 times)

Offline Squish33

• Posting Member
Hey guys
I seen my PS the other day and he recommended just getting lipo with NO excision. This concerned myself a little because I definitely have lumps AROUND my nipple and was worried about having a flat chest but with still puffy/ outstanding nipples.

He classified my gyno to be minimal as I have no defined 'grape like' hard tissue directly under my nipple but have small fragments around the outside spreading out a fair bit each side. After reading a few posts I am unsure of what to do and have been left in hard decision.

I also know that I have a bit of weight that could be trimmed off - which I am working on. I have also tried to build up my pecs over the years thinking that was the solution (LOL!). I am also 19 by the way.
Any opinions?

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
Best advice would be to consult multiple surgeons, placing particular emphasis on surgeons that are accustomed to performing this surgery.

Offline thetodd

youd definatley need excision!

choose another surgeon, one with a good reputation on here if possible
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Squish33

• Posting Member
Yep I've done some research and I'm definately going for a second opinion. My gut instinct all along was that I needed both incision/ lipo. I live in a fairly rural part of Australia tho so I am seeing the only other PS within 600km (450miles) :/. Without having to travel to a big city. Hopefully all goes well.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is no way a surgeon can tell, ahead of time, what will be necessary to be done.  That is why you need to choose a surgeon who is conversant with and ready to use all the necessary methods to obtain a first rate result.  There is absolutely no way to tell in advance, by mere feel of the chest, what will be necessary to be done.

Be smart and choose your surgeon carefully.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline fressshh

When I went to my PS for the first time he wrote me out referrals for all the tests he needed and one of which was an ultrasound to determine whether it was tissue or fat. In my case it was purely fat- absolutely no tissue in sight therefor, lipo is all I need (plus excess skin removal and nipple relocation) but yehhh.... You should probably be expecting the right PS to recommend a few tests.

Offline Squish33

• Posting Member
Hey guys just thought I would bump this as I am getting my OP in a fortnight which I have been saving up for few 3 years now. $10 000 Australian o.O.... so I guess I'm kinda really just freaking out... just by looking at my pics I indeed have gyno that requires incision... yes?

I will be posting post op pics.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
OUCH!  That's much more than in the US!!

Dr Jacobs

Offline Squish33

• Posting Member
yea the average price is around $9000... because our health section in that part sucks I guess? Mines a tad more due to being a doctor that has to travel a bit.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Wow, I just noticed the Australian dollar and U.S. dollar are pretty much equal in value.  When did that happen?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024